Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adapter for magnification in macro

• 02-05-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi people,

Im relatively new to photography and im toying with a 70-300mm tamrom 1:2 macro. I understand 1:2 gives it half size, I would be looking for a way to increase image size for closer macro work.

I think I read either a 2x converter or a diopiter would do the trick. Understanding neithrer of these would give the same image quality as a prime macro 1:1, which would be a better choice?

If the diopiter is the better option what +# will get met me closest to 1:1?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

I've a Raynox-250 which I bought on Amazon for small money, less than €50, and it gets you seriously close.

I've been trying to do macro on a budget and using a 50mm lens with a couple of extension tubes and that gets me reasonably decent results but sticking the Raynox on the front of it gets you very close-up while still retaining decent quality

My set-up is not ideal for bugs, etc as I need to get very close to them and they tend not to stay around for long.

I'm planning to get a 100mm macro lens shortly so that plus the Raynox should get some interesting shots.

Have a look on Flickr and you should find the Raynox 250 group easily enough and it's got a load of images in it that are way better than I could produce right now.

Oh and theres also a 150 version.

Advertisement