Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sna and seno

Options
  • 02-05-2016 3:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

Does the seno visit the child in Creche before deciding whether or not they 'deserve' a sna in junior infants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

CaraMay wrote: »
    Does the seno visit the child in Creche before deciding whether or not they 'deserve' a sna in junior infants?

Not in our case. It was based on HSE report.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

mohawk wrote: »
    Not in our case. It was based on HSE report.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

In our case the seno wants to do an observation in addition to the hse report. But we don't have a clearcut asd diagnosis from hse, "just" severe behavioural issues that would warrant an sna according to hse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

I spoke to our SENO over the phone and she asked me to explain why my son needs an SNA. This was enough and she told me he was being granted one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I spoke to our SENO over the phone and she asked me to explain why my son needs an SNA. This was enough and she told me he was being granted one.

Wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

CaraMay wrote: »
    Wow!

I know, I blabbed on for so long she was probably glad to get me off the phone lol! It was lucky, it was close to the end of the school year and she didn't have the time to do a visit so she asked for me to explain just.

The fact that he was a flight risk pretty much sealed his need for an sna.

Advertisement