Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many sale agreed house sale's fall through???

• 02-05-2016 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how many house sale agreed sales fall through. It's very hard to find out how many are actually failing..???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Who do you think is counting? Sales fall through for all sorts of reasons, it's usually sorted out privately so there is no central source of data to supply the information you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I think I read somewhere that it's about 45%. I could be wrong of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Falf

I ask because my friend had gone sale agreed on a house that she loved but vendor pulled out last minute, she got her deposit back. auctioneer had told her that it doesn't happen very often. I'd say myself it's happiness a lot but more so on the buyers side of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Falf wrote: »
    I ask because my friend had gone sale agreed on a house that she loved but vendor pulled out last minute, she got her deposit back. auctioneer had told her that it doesn't happen very often. I'd say myself it's happiness a lot but more so on the buyers side of it..

Is this a rip off? Sales often fall through because the buyer pulls out, it's not always the vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Falf

Apparently there was garage conversion to a apartment, there was planning for garage but not as apartment. Having said that I myself would not have bought if this was the case. It might have being all for luck. Vendor just changed his mind id say. O and i posted this in rip off ireland because I think myself house prices today are a rip off, over valued by auctioneers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Apparently there was garage conversion to a apartment, there was planning for garage but not as apartment. Having said that I myself would not have bought if this was the case. It might have being all for luck. Vendor just changed his mind id say. O and i posted this in rip off ireland because I think myself house prices today are a rip off, over valued by auctioneers.

Property is worth only what someone is prepared to pay for it, if a buyer overpays, that isn't a rip off, it is a buyer prepared to pay a certain price for a certain commodity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭saabsaab

From personal experience and that of family and friends I'd say 2 out of 10 or so where sale agreed doesn't go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

If houses were over priced you'd have builders building thousands of them - but they are not because except for some prime areas the cost of bulding is higher than the estimated sale price.

An A -rated 3bed house of 90sqm costs about 140-150k to build in a good quality development. Remember its not just the bricks and mortar on the house that forms part of the price. Services to the estate such as water, sewage, open space, public lighting, paths and roads are all part of the cost.

As for sale falling through - in case above the buyer's solicitor would not have allowed sale proceed as there was a planning irregularity and the sellers solicitor probably pointed this out and hence it fell through.

The bank also would probably not have given a mortgage for something that had a planning issue.

But in terms of a seller cancelling out of a deal - its quite rare. Whereas buyers cancelling out, its common as many issue can arise esp planning and finance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Why is this thread here? Think i'll start one about goats next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Why is this thread here? Think i'll start one about goats next.

The OP thinks house prices are a rip-off.

Latest mart prices show Goats have gone up by a guinea a head - heading to rip-off territory. Another guinea and I reckon you be able to out the post up :D :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement