Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Chrome

• 02-05-2016 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all I was wondering if you could help me. I am having with chrome. The problem is I open it after I turn my pc on and it works grand for about 10-15mins and then nothing will load on it. Everything still loads on Firefox after this. When I close chrome I can't reopen it. I will not open. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. I have uninstalled all extensions and it still will not work. I have to restart my computer to get it to work again. I don't really want to switch to another browser as I like chrome. Any help on the situation would be greatly appreciated. I have also scanned my pc with super anti spywer, hitman pro, combo fix and malware anti-malware.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Go into task manager and see if there are any instances of chrome running after you close it. If so kill the process and see if chrome will re-open.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ItssDylannnn

There is always one left in there. I tried to end the process and nothing happens. It stays in the list. I also tried to the the process tree and it also stays there still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I had the same problem. It's windows 10. I get a message that some identifier hasn't connected. I googled it and it seems common. There are videos showing how to solve this.

Ahh, I forgot to mention I have windows 7, don't know how I forgot to write that in, sorry about that.

Boot into Safe Mode and uninstall chrome, then reboot and re-install.

• Advertisement

Thank you degsie!! It worked perfect. Lets hope it stays that way eh. Thanks for the help!!

Well, It broke again.. There is one process left in the process list and when I try end it it does nothing. I hate computers sometimes!! Any ideas?

Try going to chrome settings --> advanced settings, there is a tick box for running background tasks when chrome is closed. Uncheck that box and see if this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Possibly related topic.

I have found in the last few days that my notebook (one year old Dell running Windows 10 Home version) is running very slow when using Chrome to access websites. Get frequent invitations to "Kill" or "continue waiting" for pages.

Yet when I use Microsoft Edge performance is crisp and fast. No problems at all on the same sites.

I don't mean this to be a testimonial for MS Edge. Indeed the conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether Microsoft are playing Silly Buggers and hampering Chromes performance via its Windows OS.

Worthwhile reinstalling Chrome perhaps, or are problems likely to persist?

Advertisement