Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My secret time travelling app...

• 02-05-2016 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

I had wonderful dream not so long ago were I had an app on my phone that would bring me back in time to whenever I wanted. It was a vivid dream that still sticks with me. I remember using it to go back to the early 1950s to meet Laurel & Hardy when they visited Dublin. Stan was real friendly but Oliver was a bit stand offish. Trying to sneak a photo of them with my smartphone without anyone seeing was difficult. Gosh I really wanna revisit that dream.

Anyway it got me thinking, if you were super nice to me and I was to loan you this super secret app would you use it for something similar or to return to a part of your life where you regretted not giving an A-hole boss a big old piece of your mind.

You have it one time only...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I'd say no to being a mod.
    (sorry, I had to).

I suppose I'd like to visit the 50s/60s/70s/80s as an adult. I don't know what country but it would be interesting to see it how it was before we had internet everywhere, mobile phones, etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I would like to buy your app.

Android or iOS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

I'd time travel back to May 3rd, 2007 and make my way to Praia da Luz.

I would then stakeout apartment 5A, Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva to see what in the hell happened that night.

It's wrecking my head! I'd save the day too of course. Then again I might get arrested and accused of being in on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Peregrine wrote: »
    I would like to buy your app.

Android or iOS?

Both. But I'd have to see what good you would use it for before even considering selling.... Which is highly unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Cathy.C wrote: »
    I'd time travel back to May 3rd, 2007 and make my way to Praia da Luz.

I would then stakeout apartment 5A, Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva to see what in the hell happened that night.

It's wrecking my head! I'd save the day too of course. Then again I might get arrested and accused of being in on it.

It turns out you were responsible. By going back in time you caused the series of events to take place.

• Advertisement

It turns out you were responsible. By going back in time you caused the series of events to take place.

I've watched enough Quantum Leaps to know that what you say is false.

I would merely be going back to put right what once went wrong.

I've watched enough Quantum Leaps to know that what you say is false.

I would just be going back to put right what once went wrong.

Then you would never have gone back in time in the first place. So you cannot right a wrong.

Then you would never have gone back in time in the first place. So you cannot right a wrong.

Why are you talking in the past tense? I haven't gone anywhere yet.

Also, it's the OP's app, not yours and so how the hell would you know how it works.

When Biff got all those sports results... nevermind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd go back to the night of the 6th of May 1998, the night the girl of my college dreams, who had a bit of a notion of me too, came dancing towards me in Kelly's of Portrush. 'Hey' she shouts over the din at me, giving me a wide eyed smile that would melt a rock, 'you're xxxxx's friend, I hear you're sound!' 'Hey' shouts I back at her, staring openmouthed at here rather ample and heretofore conservatively covered up bosom 'I hear you're a hum nut!'

I never saw her again after that. She was studying Human Nutrition. She was from down the country somewhere. And I'm not entirely sure what I would do differently.

Why are you talking in the past tense? I haven't gone anywhere yet.

Also, it's the OP's app, not yours and so how the hell would you know how it works.

When Biff got all those sports results... nevermind.

You already went, from my timeline, you failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

There's loads of stuff I would prob like to of done differently to increase the chance of a positive out come with the ladies and money and work jeasus drink definitely influenced a good few stupid decisions I've made. But if I remember doc Browns space time continuum theory and I'm happy enough with where I am now I'd best not be changing anything that happened in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Read the opening post. Mwahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm actually talking to you from 1965 OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

ken wrote: »
    Read the opening post. Mwahahaha.

We have a rouge mod .... Who now rules the world as we know it ... bugger

Advertisement