Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog help asap

• 02-05-2016 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi my dog went missing and was taken by Ashton Dog Pound. I want to collect her but I've no dog license or anything. I read that they charge €100 on the spot and stuff but other sites say that they only charge €30 can anyone help me get the correct information? Or share your story of dealing with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

A quick Google says their number is 01 838 3236. The easiest way to find out what they do is to just ring up and ask.

Worst case scenario is you get charged €100, best case it's only €30.

Either way you get your furbaby back and hopefully learned a lesson about following the appropriate laws for pet ownership.

Best of luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TO RECLAIM - If you want to reclaim your dog, you will have to pay the Pound a reclaim fee of €20 plus a charge of €8 bed and board for each night your dog remains in the Pound. If you do not have a current dog licence you will have to buy one also for €20
    From the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Are the pounds not insisting on microchipping the dog , and buying a licence before you can get it back? (if not already done, obviously). Otherwise what's the point of the new laws if not being enforced?
    I thought that would be the idea, any dog who passes through the pound gets microchipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 J_J

Yeah one site says €30 while another says €100 that's why I'm confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Im not sure why it matters how much it will cost. Would it stop you collecting the dog if it was €100?

Id ring them and find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Ashbx wrote: »
    Im not sure why it matters how much it will cost. Would it stop you collecting the dog if it was €100?

I assume it would be because if you don't have the money, knowing whether to bring €30 or €100 with you is important.
    Assuming money isn't an issue for some people is naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I assume it would be because if you don't have the money, knowing whether to bring €30 or €100 with you is important.
    Assuming money isn't an issue for some people is naive.

Im certainly not assuming that money isn't an issue for people at all. But if its just a matter of needing to know how much to bring with them, why not just ring the pound and ask directly? Why on earth would you wait a few days and try source the answer on boards (bearing in mind that this dog is still stuck in the pound while the owner is trying to find out on a forum how much it is to get it back). The whole thing seems a bit strange to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

youll have to pay for license and chip and boarding. they might vaccinate if you cant prove that hes up to date - and youll probably get fines from fingal too. I did. Dont pay the fines- just phone them and say the dog was a stray that you gave a home too, and that they should be thanking you, not punishing. threaten to give the dog back to the pound and theyll drop the fines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

kitser wrote: »
    youll have to pay for license and chip and boarding. they might vaccinate if you cant prove that hes up to date - and youll probably get fines from fingal too. I did. Dont pay the fines- just phone them and say the dog was a stray that you gave a home too, and that they should be thanking you, not punishing. threaten to give the dog back to the pound and theyll drop the fines

Yeah Agree 100% - the last thing you'd want to do is take responsibility for your dog and obey the law by having it chipped and licenced. Sure the rest of us who do that are happy to foot the bill and keep the pound running for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

kitser wrote: »

Wow, that's disgraceful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

maggiepip wrote: »
    Wow, that's disgraceful.

I couldn't agree more.
    Kitser, apart from the ethical implications of what you've posted, it is contrary to the forum charter to advise or recommend to others that they bend or break laws. Please take heed of this when posting again.
    Do not reply to this post on-thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement