Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 4g speeds

Options
  • 02-05-2016 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what sort of speeds folk are getting with Three 4g in Letterkenny Town Centre/mainstreet area. Thinking of upgrading but would like to know if it's worth it first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

I've got Three 4G and I find it poor in the centre of town. I've read elsewhere on Boards that this is a common problem with Three due to their unlimited data offer which encourages people to tether etc. Outside of Letterkenny it's actually not too bad except during peak hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Technique wrote: »
    I've got Three 4G and I find it poor in the centre of town. I've read elsewhere on Boards that this is a common problem with Three due to their unlimited data offer which encourages people to tether etc. Outside of Letterkenny it's actually not too bad except during peak hours.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking no point buying a 4g phone only to get 3g speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Three have been all over the show the past month or so in Letterkenny, crazy amount of drops/speed drops, followed by 15mbps+ for 5 minutes, followed by more drops...

Edit: example for right now, been using my connection fine on youtube/spotify all day, now I can't open the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

For me it's grand for the most part of outside the town but not great in the town centre in particular indoors. Not too bad if ur you are in the pub and can get on their WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I find it non existent in the town. In fact I'd say its at least 6 months ago since I last got a 4G signal in town. 3G isn't much better, very poor cover around high road area and absolutely none in Retail park area (Argos TK Maxx etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Don't think about 3 for the next while anyway. Network is a disgrace at the minute with signal constantly dropping out and half the time having to restart yout phone. The amount of missed calls cause of it. There is an upgrade at the minute to their network in the area so they say. Check out their Facebook page and its littered with unhappy customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

I see :P Food for thought, thanks all.

Advertisement