Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia Season 8 (2016)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah the team challenge is usually the weakest of the 5, but it was good this week. George's mum is a character!

The elimination today was good too. That cubes challenge was tough. Hells Kitchen USA do something similar every season.

Sad to see that person go, I thought she would go further.

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah the team challenge is usually the weakest of the 5, but it was good this week. George's mum is a character!

The elimination today was good too. That cubes challenge was tough. Hells Kitchen USA do something similar every season.

Sad to see that person go, I thought she would go further.

Matt really made the right call using the pin I think. Bad enough was the 1st challenge but to be stuck using the ingredient you got wrong could have been a death sentence. Sorry to see that person go given their previous history with the show. Not sure if it well known but they should have been in season 6 but weren't due to some pretty serious medial complications :eek:

Also she had some pretty nasty stuff said about her on twitter ect after her dish in the Marco week :mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3579542/Twitter-erupts-MasterChef-Australia-contestant-Cecilia-s-bizarre-parsnip-tribute-son-Nathan.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Good episode. Maggie Beer is always good.
    I was down in Adelaide in march and called into her farm shop. And She was there working away behind the till. Very nice and down to earth

Charlie
    to go tomorrow I think. Has had way too many outright failures at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Charlie
    to go tomorrow I think. Has had way too many outright failures at this point.

Out of the those up for elimination tomorrow, that's who I would hope goes tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Chloe, barring a total disaster, will be in the top 5 at least, and may even be in the final 2.

I'm feckin' starving after watching that.

Time for a toastie jaffle. :)

Great pressure test. That dessert looked incredible.

The right person went home.

Even I was on edge during the last few moments of that pressure test... Whoever they have editing the episodes should get a raise. :D

Yeah definitely the right person went, no arguing with the result. Still a little sad for someone to have to go after the effort that went into that.

Love to see Chloe get a second pin now tomorrow.

I wasn't all that impressed with the dessert tbh. I mean I'm sure it was delicious, and loved the parts that it was made from. I just felt that the whole smashing it on the table part was completely contrived. I'd highly doubt they do that in the Shangri-La. I'm not sure it's even a real dish as it was massive.

Reminded me on this dessert from two seasons ago
    http://www.gelatomessina.com/au/cakes/blackforest/

• Advertisement

Yep, it was an exaggerated version of another dish.
    The 'real' version of that dessert looks more traditional (and less messy)

http://chefspencil.com/recipe/annas-liquid-mess/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Why is it on some challenges the other contestants are yelling help from the gantry and then on others they just discuss the errors between themselves?? Like when he wasn't stirring the chocolate noone yelled at him to do it and yet on other episodes they are full of instructions! Editing maybe?

Dovies wrote: »
    Why is it on some challenges the other contestants are yelling help from the gantry and then on others they just discuss the errors between themselves?? Like when he wasn't stirring the chocolate noone yelled at him to do it and yet on other episodes they are full of instructions! Editing maybe?

Wondered that myself. Would it be that they shout instructions during Immunity Challenges, but aren't allowed for the Elimination ones, maybe? I dunno if that's the reason, it was just a thought I had.

Damn... I was willing her to win!

But for the cock up with the meringue I think she could have done it.

Yep, plus throw a few chopped nuts on top for Gary. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Those eclairs - OMG. I was almost licking the screen :)

Fun team challenge, they're doing a good job with them this year.

Food looked delish.

Yeah except for those prawns they cobbled together, shove stick up their ... and douse them in sauce. I had a bad experience with them years ago that for ever swore me off them :o

Not sure if the right person went today? Ok Miles didn't meet the fish brief he had but Mimi's was an outright failure. Though over the competition as a whole Mimi was the one who deserved a chance to stay I think. Tricky one.

That pork and rice dish :eek:

• Advertisement

I nearly cried with Elena, what a great dish.

I think the right person went home. Miles made a balls of his strongest cuisine.

I nearly cried with Elena, what a great dish.

I think the right person went home. Miles made a balls of his strongest cuisine.

Yeah I've come to agree the more I thought about it.

Is Elena the dark horse maybe? I've missed a few earlier ones here and there.

I think she has been hiding in the middle of the pack.

Guess what herself is cooking tomorrow for dinner :pac:

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/masterchef/recipes/spanish-pork-and-rice

and looks like it'll be ok for the wee one to have too :)

I liked that challenge. Some combo defintely worse than others.
    I'vew no idea what the lamb and thai person was thinking. Her dish looked so boring.
    The first think I thought of was lamb massaman curry, although maybe better suited to slow cooked a secondary cut

Sad to see Miles go, even though it was probably time, but he was a good character, even though we didn't see much of him the last few weeks.

From an entertainment point of view I hope Brett manages to get a good bit further into the competition and that we see more of him in the meantime - I'd say he's a love him or hate him type of guy, but I just think his enthusiasm is great. Probably a good lad to go for a pint with.

Some great dishes tonight, but that crispy cricket dessert was always winning. Would love to try it

Edit:
    Power apron week is always great

Agreed, some top notch stuff there today.

Is Chloe repeating herself a bit or is it just me?

Can't say that I've noticed.

Good episode though...

• Advertisement

Probably the first 'featured' dish where I didn't really want to eat it. I think the burnt peaches put me off a bit...

Tomorrow should be great. I wonder who'll get back in? I'm not sure that I can think of anyone who was eliminated too early (that might deserve a second chance).

Advertisement