Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia Season 8 (2016)

Options

Comments

I think what they said about Trent today was great "one of lifes gentlemen" he really did come across that way. Surprised he made it to finals week I'd written him off a long time ago but he really did look like a man who learned a hell of a lot in his time there , he might have had a chance to stay if it had not been a desert today. Matt could easily have suffered the same fate.

Of those left I am fully behind Elena now too and Harry even. Matt is a better cook on a good day I think but they have shown they can do both sweet and savoury, and they have both done some of the most interesting dishes in the competition. Elise and Mimi have relied way too much on parfait and icecream and dome shaped moulds especially when you contrast that with the desert harry did yesterday !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like 6 episodes left.

Tue 8x58 - Service Challenge
    Wed 8x59 - Elimination Challenge
    Thu 8x60 - Masterclass
    Sun 8x61 - Quarter Final
    Mon 8x62 - Semi Final
    Tue 8x63 - Finale

Mid week finale? Didn;t watch it day by day last year but finals even in sport are usually on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mid week finale? Didn;t watch it day by day last year but finals even in sport are usually on weekends.

Usually a prime time final.
    tHe last couple of years monday and tuesday have become bigger slots than sunday.

Did Alla Wolf-Tasker put her arms out for hugs at the end, only to be ignored? :) See what you think.

I'm not crazy about service challenges, but that was decent. The food looked great and fair play to Matty.

FYI there is speculation that the identity of the winner has been leaked (and the intelligence is solid).
    Beware spoilers (and please don't post them here).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Delighted Matt picked himself back up and played a blinder. ..hope mimi goes she been hanging in there for ages..

I agree re: Mimi. of the 3 in elimination I want Harry safe. Him, Matt and Elina for top 3 at this point.

At the start I thought Matt was out of luck getting a desert again, he's not a desert man but did he actually get the easiest one today ? Hard to know because they didn't show him cook much today.

I hope they are the top three too..and they I won't mind who wins..once its not mini or Elise!
    Didn't show much of Matt's cook at all..I wonder if the diners had all of the courses today?

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I hope they are the top three too..and they I won't mind who wins..once its not mini or Elise!
    Didn't show much of Matt's cook at all..I wonder if the diners had all of the courses today?

Did they even have diners talking today? Don't recall them giving comments on the food at all.

Poor all around today. Right person went.

Tomorrow looks like a bit of fun :pac:

• Advertisement

Thought Harry was a goner

They all had a nightmare.

Tomorrow does look like fun.

Anyone watching the US version? Dropped in today at episode 8 standard seems very high. Mystery box had $20 in it and had to feed 4 people with it.

It's got the usual US tv quirks, I haven't watched this version before so wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't expecting balls :D

Now to watch todays Australian one.

The US version is OK but it's definitely overproduced, overedited, and 'over acted' by the judges - fake looks of sincerity, fake pity, fake revulsion - playing to the cameras and the audience.

The aussie one is far more genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mr E wrote: »
    The US version is OK but it's definitely overproduced, overedited, and 'over acted' by the judges - fake looks of sincerity, fake pity, fake revulsion - playing to the cameras and the audience.

Yep I watch it. All the nastiness is really off putting - although this series is not as bad as previous ones. Gordon's rudeness to the contestants has to be put on - he never has a nice thing to say.

You forgot bigger portions in the US one, that stood out in the 2 I watched :D

Aussie one really makes it a point that it's about showing success and not making a big deal out of a failure. And it works so so well, to the point were someone does really well and you almost feel like it's you that did well lol

The masterclass was great fun.

Looks like the past contestants are going to be on the gantry for the last 3 episodes too (it's usually just the finale) - should lend a great energy to proceedings.

Only took them 3 months to call Elise for the one trick pony she was .... well thats a bit unfair I guess as she did have talent but she did way to many sorbet, icecreams and parfaits and dome moulds and she qualified with a savoury dish so she clearly had skill there !!!!

What a cook by Matt today he has champ written all over him after that one I think especially after his disaster with the desert last week. Really showed determination and character, Elise and Harry fell apart and Matt and Elena embraced the challenge. They will be the finalists no doubt and it will come down to the cook on the day, no way I can call it now.

Actually now I've typed that I think it was just the pressure that got to Elise as her 1st cook as very very good parfait or not.

Yep has to be Matt vs. Elena in the finale.

Service challenges can be funny though. Something as stupid as a missed bone can send someone home tomorrow.

Yep has to be Matt vs. Elena in the finale.

Service challenges can be funny though. Something as stupid as a missed bone can send someone home tomorrow.

Really hope Harry doesn't pull it out of the bag and knock one of them out.

• Advertisement

Noticed Brett and Nidhi weren't in the gallery.

Loved Matt's reaction at the result. He really wants it.

Wants it indeed!!!!!! He was like a machine for most of it. So much drive and focus and with that pressure to deliver. Very inspiring.

I was really worried for Elena there, she got so caught up in her plan and the timing of it.

There was a guy in the gallery (might have been yesterday) who kept shouting stuff out and I had no clue who he was.
    Grand final tonight...

Ive been backing Matt since page 2 of this thread - so hope he does it now :D

poor Matt. One mistake/skip cost him the title

The above is the result. Spoilered it, as don't want to give it away before its up there

Thanks for tagging that Mellor. Only managed to get half way through and see the what the pressure test is , thinking I'm going to need to wait till it's late enough to have a drink to watch them do this :eek:

Devastated for Matt , such a cruel end for him. But credit where it's due Elena is a worthy winner and a hell of a good sport for helping Matt at the end. He really didn't have a choice from the look of it he had to skip sealing that egg to get it on the plate in time.

Have to admit this episode hit me square in the feels more than once.

Great finale! The timings were all thrown by that panna cotta screw up, and it had a domino effect.
    I think if the egg had been sealed, it would have gone the other way.

• Advertisement

Great finale! The timings were all thrown by that panna cotta screw up, and it had a domino effect.
    I think if the egg had been sealed, it would have gone the other way.

Definitely. Amazing how something so simple can have such a major effect.
    Now what we going to watch :confused::confused:

Advertisement