Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia Season 8 (2016)

Options
123457»

Comments

Dovies wrote: »
    Definitely. Amazing how something so simple can have such a major effect.
    Now what we going to watch :confused::confused:

I know, it was my afternoon show for when the little one was having her nap and I was meant to be doing other stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Ive started on my kitchen rules..its prob an old one but i dont care..its giving me my ozzie cooking fix

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Ive started on my kitchen rules..its prob an old one but i dont care..its giving me my ozzie cooking fix

Yeah, that aired befroe masterchef. It's also good.
    I'm bored in the evenings now.

Anyone catch the US one this week? I'm done with it now. It really is weak sauce compared to the Australian one. For the pressure test today they had to make a sponge cake, nothing fancy about it just a 3 layer cake with what ever filling they liked and they were terrible. All of them would have been eliminated in the real master chef.

Summer lull here so we are watching season 6 which we missed for some reason :confused:

Anyway does take away from it knowing who won but at the same time amazes me that we are up to week 4 now in it and the winner would not have been one I'd have even rated. Some very good cooking so far and some shocking bad cooking too , really bad in some cases but the weaker ones are getting weeded out quickly. Season 8 guys I think were stronger over all but so far the desert people don't seem as 1 dimensional as season 8 ones, no reliance on parfait etc and dome moulds so far :pac:

Sorry I wasn't watching this as it was aired as Emily the Malaysian girl was great and left way too early , not a great cook but what a character, and Nicole who gambled and used all her ingredients in the 1st round of elimination where they had to use what they had left in the second round :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't recognise any of those names (and it was only 2 years ago!) :)

You're right about the US one. You don't really get to see great food until the last 2 or 3 episodes.

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't recognise any of those names (and it was only 2 years ago!) :)

You're right about the US one. You don't really get to see great food until the last 2 or 3 episodes.

Do a google or wiki for Emily, some of the faces she pulled and her manner was gas, such a likeable girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yep, I had a flick through the gallery here. I definitely saw that season.

Emily was gone early (week 3) so I don't really remember her.

Other thing in season 6 was for immunity the pro got to pick the main where as in 8 he/she was locked in the pantry. Also noticing major help from the gantry during elimination and they had the pressure test recipes to hand there to help.

Advertisement