Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What referencing style is this?

Options
  • 02-05-2016 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

What referencing style is this? It looks a bit like science but not quite- anyone know? Thanks!

M. Hassenzahl, and N. Tractinsky, User experience - a research agenda. Behaviour & Information Technology, 25 (2006), 91–97.

E. Pacherie, Towards a dynamic theory of intentions. In: S. Pockett, W.P. Banks, and S. Gallagher, editors, Does consciousness cause behavior? , Mit Press, Cambridge, 2006

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

summereire wrote: »
    What referencing style is this? It looks a bit like science but not quite- anyone know? Thanks!

M. Hassenzahl, and N. Tractinsky, User experience - a research agenda. Behaviour & Information Technology, 25 (2006), 91–97.

E. Pacherie, Towards a dynamic theory of intentions. In: S. Pockett, W.P. Banks, and S. Gallagher, editors, Does consciousness cause behavior? , Mit Press, Cambridge, 2006

That's APA referencing.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭summereire

Thanks, doesn't seem to be APA- unless there's more than one style? APA has the initial after the name, this one has it before.

summereire wrote: »
    Thanks, doesn't seem to be APA- unless there's more than one style? APA has the initial after the name, this one has it before.

Hmmm, I see what you mean.

Check the APA website (American Psychological Association) to see if variations on the structure is permitted. If it's not APA, it's an extremely close derivative.

Well there you go, it's the Chicago author-date form of referencing.

Never heard of it. :)

I just went to the Journal's (Behaviour & Information Technology) homepage, looked at the author guidelines, in there I found the referencing style, link here.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭summereire

Is it? I'm trying to find examples of it and they seem to list the surname first like APA- http://library.williams.edu/citing/styles/chicago2.php

I'm confused!!

• Advertisement

You know what, ignore me.

I went to the journal for that first reference. That doesn't mean that journal uses the same referencing style as to paper in which you found those references does. There is a chance that they may be in different fields and therefore use different referencing systems.

So, let's rewind - the paper in which the two quotes above - what journal does it appear in?

Advertisement