Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Camp

Options
  • 02-05-2016 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Anyone ever worked in one of these camps before? I've an interview and think I would love the job! Just wondering what to expect from the interview/role should I get it?

(Mods, sorry if this is the wrong forum! They usually hire primary teachers so I thought this would be the best place to find them for advice)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Anyone ever worked in one of these camps before? I've an interview and think I would love the job! Just wondering what to expect from the interview/role should I get it?

(Mods, sorry if this is the wrong forum! They usually hire primary teachers so I thought this would be the best place to find them for advice)

A friend of mine did it one year, her interview went well, all the general questions about why you want to do it etc, she went for the training day in Cork where you do all the dances and learn them and she wasn't contacted about it after. Also she wasn't told you have to more or less sign a certain number of people up for the camp too and do the pr for the area. That was about 4 years ago now though, could be different especially since the girl that runs it is on TV to would have to be properly done. Seems a good idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭QueenOfWexico

Thanks for that Pinkycharm. That's strange she wasn't contacted after, I would have definitely followed up on it. The PR thing was mentioned but I thought it'd be just a bit of postering and handing out leaflets etc.. hope it's not some sort of high-pressure commission thing, that would put me off :/

Thanks again, some food for thought

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

hi! i did the starcamp too, i got through the interview and all but i would suggest have something else lined up for summer work because I was asked if i was available for 6 weeks thinking i would get the 5 locations in wexford but was offered one week in Waterford to so like all my pay even went on travel! i think it's because they like to have people spares and cos the camps didn't fill up with as many numbers as they originally hope for.
    In terms of interview emphasis how it's about wanting the children to have fun because they are on their summer holidays and enjoying themselves :D

Advertisement