Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car wash Clonakilty

Options
  • 02-05-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Going to a wedding in Clonakilty and I have a nice spin to get there.

Are there any decent self service car washes in Clon? Not one of those awful brush things you drive into either, a powerwasher type job would be perfect.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.clonakiltycarcentre.com/valeting.php

Its ten euro and someone does it for you, not sure of a self service one in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    http://www.clonakiltycarcentre.com/valeting.php

Its ten euro and someone does it for you, not sure of a self service one in the town.

My wife bought a car in west cork last year and had it booked in there on the way home to have it valeted. We were told come back at a specific time, called back and was told it would be another while, waited and waited and eventually an hour later i went in and asked why we were waiting. I was assured it was almost done, another 30 mins later, 2 bored kids starting to act up and i went in again. They had just finished it and were bringing it round. The lad who was doing it was told to wash an oil truck while we were waiting and that was why we were delayed. They denied this even tho we were sat there watching him do it.
    I checked out the car and it hadnt even been hoovered properly, they did around the car mats and not under them. I freaked out, we were waiting over 90 mins after the agreed time and they did half a job. Got our money back and left.
    Wouldnt go back there if they did it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Had the car washed a good few times there and never been any delay or issue so that's not the norm but id be pissed if that was me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Had the car washed a good few times there and never been any delay or issue so that's not the norm but id be pissed if that was me too.

Id have gotten over the delay if it had been done properly. The car was manky when handed in and was given a good wash tbf. The inside was a disgrace tho. The boot was stil covered in dog hairs and all under the mats, front and back had hairs and dust. They tried to insist it had been hoovered properly and the dog hairs were ingrained into the material and couldn't be gotten out. I took out a car mat and hit it off the wall and it was like a hover bag being emptied there was so much dust came off it. Only then did they agree it wasnt done properly and tried to insist on redoing it. I said not a hope, they had the car 3 hours at that stage, if it wasnt done then it wasnt ever gonna finished.

Cowboys would be the term id use! Fair enough we were only one customer but it really was that bad.

Advertisement