Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contractual Mess

Options
  • 03-05-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I have had eir Fibre Broadband and eir Talk Off Peak since June 2013.  To get that, there was an 18 month contract which has long since expired.  I pay 50 euro a month for this bundle and am happy with that.  On Monday 25th April 2016 I ordered the eir TV service online, but later that week I changed my mind which I am allowed to do and called the number to cancel the TV service which hadn't yet been installed anyway and therby cancelling the new 18 month contract.  I made it clear that I was keeping the phone and broadband though.  Then last Thursday 28th April 2016, my broadband is cut off and is still cut off today. After making many calls to eir, they now tell me that I have to agree to an new 18 month contract just to get the broadband re-activated even though I never cut off the broadband in the first place and the error is entirely on eir's side.  Worse than that, for exactly the same phone and broadband service that I had before will now cost me 57 euro per month instead of 50 that I was paying with no contract.  This is total exploitation and completely unacceptable.  I wish to cancel the new phone and broadband contract which was only agreed over the phone today and if eir cannot restore my service without any contract, I will happily change providers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. Feel free to PM your account number & I can have a further look into this. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jamesfoley3

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. Feel free to PM your account number & I can have a further look into this. Stacey
    Hi Stacey,

I have sent you a PM with the details that you have requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Great. I will have a look into this & be back to you shortly. Thanks Stacey

When I log into My eir, it says "eir Base 18 month contract from 5/16".  I want that removed, I have not agreed and don't agree to any contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

When I log into My eir, it says "eir Base 18 month contract from 5/16".  I want that removed, I have not agreed and don't agree to any contract.
    All accounts would have an contract end date applied and unfortunately we would be unable to amend this jamesfoley3
    If you have been advised that this contract end date does not apply to your account this would be logged on the account and should you wish to cancel we would then remove any early cease charges associated with the account.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

All accounts would have an contract end date applied and unfortunately we would be unable to amend this.
    If you have been advised that this contract end date does not apply to your account this would be logged on the account and should you wish to cancel we would then remove any early cease charges associated with the account.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

The only valid contract I had with eir was an 18 month contract from June 2013 to December 2014.  I'm not in any contract with eir at the moment and the fact that My eir says otherwise is unacceptable.  Please remove it from My eir as requested.

All accounts would have an contract end date applied and unfortunately we would be unable to amend this.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

The only valid contract I had with eir was an 18 month contract from June 2013 to December 2014.  I'm not in any contract with eir at the moment and the fact that My eir says otherwise is unacceptable.  Please remove it from My eir as requested.
    Your contract end date would not change unless you have upgraded / downgraded your service, changed your plan or moved address  jamesfoley3

Can you PM me the account number and I'll check this?

-Pamela 

H

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Your contract end date would not change unless you have upgraded / downgraded your service, changed your plan or moved address

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I have sent you a PM.

H

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Your contract end date would not change unless you have upgraded / downgraded your service, changed your plan or moved address

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I have sent you a PM.
    Thanks jamesfoley3

-Pamela 

H

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I have sent you a PM.
    Thanks

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Just one final point then, my broadband has been cut off since last Thursday, it will be a week tomorrow with no broadband.  Can you let me know when they will finally reactivate it.  I don't need any install as routers and connections to VDSL cabinet and NTU work was all done back in June 2013 when I first got fibre broadband installed.  All I need is someone to reactivate it remotely which they have not done yet.

• Advertisement

H

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

I have sent you a PM.
    Thanks

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Just one final point then, my broadband has been cut off since last Thursday, it will be a week tomorrow with no broadband.  Can you let me know when they will finally reactivate it.  I don't need any install as routers and connections to VDSL cabinet and NTU work was all done back in June 2013 when I first got fibre broadband installed.  All I need is someone to reactivate it remotely which they have not done yet.
    No problem jamesfoley3,
    I'll look into this today and be back to you via PM.

-Pamela 

I just received a PM from Stacey confirming that my broadband will be remotely reinstated on the 10th May.  Why though do I have to do without broadband for almost 2 whole weeks when I never cancelled broadband in the first place and why will it take another five days for someone to press a button in eir which is all they will be doing to re-activate my broadband.  It doesn't make any sense and eir are really looking very bad in all this.

I just received a PM from Stacey confirming that my broadband will be remotely reinstated on the 10th May.  Why though do I have to do without broadband for almost 2 whole weeks when I never cancelled broadband in the first place and why will it take another five days for someone to press a button in eir which is all they will be doing to re-activate my broadband.  It doesn't make any sense and eir are really looking very bad in all this.
    Unfortunately as your broadband was cancelled when the eVision service was cancelled a new order would needed to be placed  jamesfoley3. These orders would be [font=Calibri, sans-serif]serviced electronically and unfortunately it would not be possible to escalate this kind of order. I understand your frustration with this and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]-Pamela  [/font]

Unfortunately as your broadband was cancelled when the eVision service was cancelled a new order would needed to be placed These orders would be [font=Calibri, sans-serif]serviced electronically and unfortunately it would not be possible to escalate this kind of order. I understand your frustration with this and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.[/font]

Hi Pamela,

Ok.  Just to clarify what was already agreed that no contract of any kind applies with reactiving the broadband and I will remain entirely out of contract for phone and broadband services with eir.

Unfortunately as your broadband was cancelled when the eVision service was cancelled a new order would needed to be placed These orders would be [font=Calibri, sans-serif]serviced electronically and unfortunately it would not be possible to escalate this kind of order. I understand your frustration with this and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.[/font]

Hi Pamela,

Ok.  Just to clarify what was already agreed that no contract of any kind applies with reactiving the broadband and I will remain entirely out of contract for phone and broadband services with eir.
    This is correct jamesfoley3if you choose to cancel the service we will remove any early cease charges applied to the account.

-Pamela 

Advertisement