Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from debt collector

Options
  • 03-05-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

I left Eir a few months ago when i was allowed to leave my contract early due to a change in the terms. I was informed on the phone that the contract was cancelled and i was free to join another provider with no penalties.

Yet last week i start to get unsolicited calls and texts from a debt collector and  then on Friday a letter demanding an amount which is way way way in excess of any amount i could owe.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there, I am very sorry to hear this. Please feel free to PM your account number & I can look into this. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yes, I had it. I left three months ago, then got a bill for €50. I rang and this was supposed to be for the modem. I posted it back and a few weeks later got a text from the debt collectors (followed up days later by a letter). I rang them, then rang Eir. It was all a big mistake, apparently. I've since got a couple of apologies over the phone, a reference number, promises this has all been wiped from whatever databases, and there's meant to be a €9 refund coming by cheque. Tbf, all the staff i dealt with were very good, but there's something very wrong with Eir's processes whereby cases get handed off to the debt collector without any thought. Ironically, the letter from the collector stated that Eir had attempted to contact me. There'd been no calls, no letters, no emails, before the debt collector texted, and this from a communications company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Yes, I had it. I left three months ago, then got a bill for €50. I rang and this was supposed to be for the modem. I posted it back and a few weeks later got a text from the debt collectors (followed up days later by a letter). I rang them, then rang Eir. It was all a big mistake, apparently. I've since got a couple of apologies over the phone, a reference number, promises this has all been wiped from whatever databases, and there's meant to be a €9 refund coming by cheque. Tbf, all the staff i dealt with were very good, but there's something very wrong with Eir's processes whereby cases get handed off to the debt collector without any thought. Ironically, the letter from the collector stated that Eir had attempted to contact me. There'd been no calls, no letters, no emails, before the debt collector texted, and this from a communications company!
    I understand your frustration with this completely alchemist33 .
    When closing an account you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf. 
    However I understand you were unaware of this charge and I appreciate your feedback on this. I'll be sure to pass this onto the relevant department.

-Pamela 

Advertisement