Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues

Options
  • 03-05-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I'm having a really bad experience with Bank Of Ireland at the moment and I'm really unhappy with the level of service. 

Firstly when I logged online I saw I got charged 30 Government Stamp Duty on a credit card I don't have. I was never reissued a credit card and the last time one was used by me is 2014.

I tried messaging through my banking online twice and I haven't heard anything back (Wednesday of last week was my first time messaging)

I also tried to call twice but was on hold for more than 15 minutes so I hung up.

This level of service is really disappointing. I've been banking with Bank Of Ireland all my life and I'm really tempted now to move to another competitor. I don't see how I've been charged €30 for a card I never received by the bank. therefore this needs to be refunded as its an error on your side.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

I'm having a really bad experience with Bank Of Ireland at the moment and I'm really unhappy with the level of service. 

Firstly when I logged online I saw I got charged 30 Government Stamp Duty on a credit card I don't have. I was never reissued a credit card and the last time one was used by me is 2014.

I tried messaging through my banking online twice and I haven't heard anything back (Wednesday of last week was my first time messaging)

I also tried to call twice but was on hold for more than 15 minutes so I hung up.

This level of service is really disappointing. I've been banking with Bank Of Ireland all my life and I'm really tempted now to move to another competitor. I don't see how I've been charged €30 for a card I never received by the bank. therefore this needs to be refunded as its an error on your side.
    Good Afternoon StarBright,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Online Service Desk, we are very sorry to hear you are experiencing this level of service. You can have this investigated further with our credit card team by calling them on 1890251251. If this charge was applied in error they will advise the procedure to you. You can see alternative methods of making a complaint here; https://goo.gl/wK18Af

Apologies again that you were waiting on hold so long our reps are on the phones until 8pm Monday to Friday. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Good morning Lucy, 

Thanks for your post.

I have requested a call back for after 6pm this evening. If you have since made contact please let us know.

Also we recommend you delete your post which contains your phone number.

Thanks
    Janette

Advertisement