Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waiders recommendations

Options
  • 03-05-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I have a pair of snowbee breathable chest waders and boots but after 18 months of not a whole lot of usage ( perhaps 25-30 outings) they have started to leak at the seams.

The internet people seem to recommend Orvis and also Greys for reliable Waders, but they are very pricey.

Im ok with paying a reasonable amount (perhaps up to 200 quid for soemthing that will last.

I know breathables are not as durable as nylon/pvc, but having tried nylon once, and being wetter than if i wasnt wearing waders at all, im going to sitck with breathables.

Anyone got any recommendations for chest high breathable waders, based on real world usage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I'm using Orvis at the moment, can't remember what they cost as they were a replacement for a pair of Patagonias that leaked, but very happy with them so far. Try Diver Dave in Scotland - he repairs and reseals waders and also sells various brands. I know a few lads that have got waders repaired with him and were all very happy.

I use waders for salt water fishing. I go through a pair each year. I do spend an obscene amount of time on the water though.
    In my experience any brands I've had, Orvis, Patagonia, Simms, Greys, Snowbee, Reddington.....they ALL leak after a while for the fishing I do.
    9/10 its the seams that leak.

I buy what I can afford at the time and am prepared for replacing them.

I'd never buy Greys again though....nor snowbee ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

I bought a pair of Bison breathable chest waders for 100 sterling and they came with free boots.

2nd season and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

I'd try a Vision ikon waders you get them from https://www.flyfishingireland.com/collections/waders/products/vision-ikon-waders?variant=14807125763 they are supposed to be the best "budget waders" out there I've actually just bought a pair and are arriving friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Jinxed myself, split the arse seam of my waders yesterday. Too many steaks and desserts on holiday... off to Diver Dave they go!

• Advertisement
Advertisement