Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue with laid turf lawn

Options
  • 03-05-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭

So 2 weeks ago on Friday I laid my new turf lawn. Since then teh weather has gone crazy and I've seen snow, frost, hail, sun, heavy rain and every other type of weather possible.

I kept the lawn damp but was careful not to over water it.

Now when i look at the lawn there are patches of brown/ yellow grass. It looks like it is drying out.

Below are two photos of the lawn. It is in patches throughout the garden but most of the lawn is green and healthy looking.

IJFxfk.jpg
    I04k5U.jpg

Does anyone know what could cause this. Is the grass dead or is there a way I can rescue it at this stage?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭geros29

So 2 weeks ago on Friday I laid my new turf lawn. Since then teh weather has gone crazy and I've seen snow, frost, hail, sun, heavy rain and every other type of weather possible.

I kept the lawn damp but was careful not to over water it.

Now when i look at the lawn there are patches of brown/ yellow grass. It looks like it is drying out.

Below are two photos of the lawn. It is in patches throughout the garden but most of the lawn is green and healthy looking.

IJFxfk.jpg
    I04k5U.jpg

Does anyone know what could cause this. Is the grass dead or is there a way I can rescue it at this stage?

Any help is appreciated.

Looks like joints are drying out.give it a good soaking.soil underneath needs to be wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭irelandrover

geros29 wrote: »
    Looks like joints are drying out.give it a good soaking.soil underneath needs to be wet.

THanks. Ill try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Do you have a dog?
    A few years ago I had a Springer Spaniel bitch who used to cause damage just like that by peeing on the lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Thanks for the response.
    I dont have a dog but a lot of cats are in the garden during the day.

I have been watering it regularly and teh damage is still there.
    Is there anything i cana do to repair these patches?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

looks to me like die back from dog pee, only temporary, no long term damage. A little water and grass will recover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

It does look like it is caused by bitch urine.

Advertisement