Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Chargeback

Options
  • 03-05-2016 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello 

My wife purchased a dress online and paid via Visa Debit, usually she would be very aware against fraudulent websites but was blinded by the price on this occasion.

When i viewed the website there is no contact number, confirmation email came from a gmail account with a google warning as below.

"Be careful with this message. This message may not have been sent by: xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. Similar messages have been used to steal people's personal information."

My wife sent an email through the contact us page on the website(not the email address above) and has had no reply for over 4 days.

I'm 100% sure its fraud and I've the checked whois to see who the website is owned by and it gives very little information and the origin is various locations.

The Funds were debited from the account and we have record of the order in her account on the website, i guess we should print that fast before the order is deleted.

Can someone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Think you meant the msg was:
    Be careful with this message. This message may not have been sent by: xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. Similar messages have been used to steal people's personal information."

Use the editing icon with A crossed out to remove formatting that comes across in a copy and paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

my3cents wrote: »
    Think you meant the msg was:
    Be careful with this message. This message may not have been sent by: xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. Similar messages have been used to steal people's personal information."

Use the editing icon with A crossed out to remove formatting that comes across  in a copy and paste.
    thanks 

If the website terns out to be fraudulent then I'd be concerned they might use your CC again or sell the CC details so you might want to get a new card issued?

If the website terns out to be fraudulent then I'd be concerned they might use your CC again or sell the CC details so you might want to get a new card issued?
    that is a major concern alright, i'd post link to website but not sure if that's allowed. I'd imagine they are Asian knock offs but its deffo not a genuine online store.

Call the number for the CC and just ask https://boini.bankofireland.com/personal/online-banking/useful-contact-numbers/ .

Edit> Sorry Debit Card but call and even if its the wrong number they will point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

MHI wrote: »
    that is a major concern alright, i'd post link to website but not sure if that's allowed. I'd imagine they are Asian knock offs but its deffo not a genuine online store.
    Good Afternoon MHI, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. If you believe your card to be used fraudulently then it would be strongly advised that you contact card services on 1890251251 to investigate the transaction and secure your card. As mentioned by my3cents there is the possibility of further transactions so we would need to get these stopped also. Our reps are available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm if you would like to give them a call. 

Thanks,
    Evie 

MHI wrote: »
    Good Afternoon MHI, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. If you believe your card to be used fraudulently then it would be strongly advised that you contact card services on 1890251251 to investigate the transaction and secure your card. As mentioned by my3cents there is the possibility of further transactions so we would need to get these stopped also. Our reps are available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm if you would like to give them a call. 

Thanks,
    Evie 
    Thanks for the reply, the card was not used fraudulently my wife used it to make a purchase which we believe is a fraudulent website due to a few reasons, i don't believe we will ever see the product or if it does arrive it will be a poor quality fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Good morning MHI, 

Thanks for your post.

To dispute a Visa Debit transaction which has gone from her account, your wife can fill in a Visa Debit transaction dispute form, please see here.

We would also strongly recommend you contact BOI Direct on 0818365365 to cancel and reissue the card if you believe the card details have been used fraudulently or on a fraudulent website.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks
    Janette 

Advertisement