Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New restaurant Celbridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

... I hate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Meal standard met as expected; and they're still giving out the opening hours cards with the bill so I would imagine there's a few months left anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

L1011 wrote: »
    Meal standard met as expected; and they're still giving out the opening hours cards with the bill so I would imagine there's a few months left anyway.

Could be a lot of months if nobody interested in buying the lease

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Closed and the brand will reopen as the dining room of a restaurant in the city, with just James (the chef).

A popup "Ginger's BBQ" is in temporarily from next weekend it seems, has some decent chefs involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

L1011 wrote: »
    Closed and the brand will reopen as the dining room of a restaurant in the city, with just James (the chef).

A popup "Ginger's BBQ" is in temporarily from next weekend it seems, has some decent chefs involved.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/restaurant-rejigs-canteen-and-sage-change-direction-as-pop-up-moves-in-1.4186781

• Advertisement

What happens those with vouchers from before it closed? heard some people grumbling and also some who had bookings but weren't told they couldn't be honored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Theox15

Have the grumblers contacted the restaurant, vouchers will be honored in the new restaurant, this was well flagged to anyone that purchased vouchers , no one had any bookings , whoever told you that is lying .
    We enjoyed running the restaurant in Celbridge immensely but ultimately with the imminent arrival our our second we had to make a family decision. The opportunity to move to a city center location with an entire support system was just too secure an option to turn down .
    Celbridge is still our home and we have no intention of short changing anyone .
    I was always very proud to cook in Celbridge and was always genuinely humbled by the reception the restaurant got as well as the fact my French wife has been made feel so at home in my hometown.
    I really hope to see you in our new venue
    James Sheridan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Joe Public wrote: »
    What happens those with vouchers from before it closed? heard some people grumbling and also some who had bookings but weren't told they couldn't be honored.
    Theox15 wrote: »
    Have the grumblers contacted the restaurant, vouchers will be honored in the new restaurant, this was well flagged to anyone that purchased vouchers , no one had any bookings , whoever told you that is lying .

There are people out there that have a hatred of business and always assume the worse and then blab their BS on fakebook and some eejits then believe their sh1te without bothering to check it.

You'll find these people have never been in the establishment they are spouting about nor have they ever had a voucher and their idea of a night out is a bag of crisps in their local pub while they moan about the price of the pint :D

You'll find the same people moan and whine left right an centre about everything and everyone when the real problem is staring at them in their mirror.

We enjoyed running the restaurant in Celbridge immensely but ultimately with the imminent arrival our our second we had to make a family decision. The opportunity to move to a city center location with an entire support system was just too secure an option to turn down .
    I was always very proud to cook in Celbridge and was always genuinely humbled by the reception the restaurant got as well as the fact my French wife has been made feel so at home in my hometown.
    James Sheridan

Very sorry about that James, I got the information 3rd hand in a pub so probably double unreliable. Would you prefer I delete my original post or leave as be? I've been to The Canteen a few times and was very happy with the food and service.

Ah no, not at all
    I shouldn’t read these thing!
    If anyone asks me or my wife what’s happening we’ll gladly tell them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Ah no, not at all
    I shouldn’t read these thing!
    If anyone asks me or my wife what’s happening we’ll gladly tell them

Best of luck to you and your family James, in your future venture, it was always a pleasure to eat in Canteen. You'll be missed. Hopefully the new place is even half as goodðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Best of luck for the future James, always really enjoyed eating in Canteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

James Sheridan

Good luck in the new venture, James.
    Canteen was one of the best restaurants I've eaten in (and I've eaten in many of top ones in Ireland). Looking forward to visiting the new place.

Thank you so much , if it’s half as well supported as Celbridge it’ll go ok

Advertisement