Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NARGC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Was the 15 th something to do with the recent Irish rail vote as well . I heard that a lot of clubs in Dublin had no idea about the motion to leave and changes may be afoot

I heard the exact opposite. .they all knew and are fuming with the Gov body. .

I'd say then that's the first County for a meeting. Let some Dublin Clubs invite the Chair and the Executive to a ......let's call it a...."Clarification meeting" or to give it the full title:
    " An open meeting to clarify the **** you've been pumped with by the few who don't seem to be listening to the many"
    Actually do it in Lucan and sure invite Kildare. ..that will save money....happy days. ..value added. Let the meeting happen let the Clubs put the questions to the National Executive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Resistance is futile

I'd say then that's the first County for a meeting. Let some Dublin Clubs invite the Chair and the Executive to a ......let's call it a...."Clarification meeting" or to give it the full title:
    " An open meeting to clarify the **** you've been pumped with by the few who don't seem to be listening to the many"
    Actually do it in Lucan and sure invite Kildare. ..that will save money....happy days. ..value dadded. Let the meeting happen let the Clubs put the questions to the National Executive.
    At least it would perhaps clear the air . This toxic situation amongst supposedly like minded people isn't doing anyone any good . The more it continues the more the membership suffers and the competing organizations rub their hands with glee . People within need to concentrate more on their own organization than about people who have set themselves outside and against it. Oiche Mhaith

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Perfectstorm

Don't see that approach working too well...how about let's try and figure out what we do agree on and seperately explain both sides of the row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Don't see that approach working too well...how about let's try and figure out what we do agree on and seperately explain both sides of the row.

Why wouldn't you welcome an open meeting in Dublin so members can have their questions answered and clear the air? Nothing to hide is there?

Why wouldn't you welcome an open meeting in Dublin so members can have their questions answered and clear the air? Nothing to hide is there?

Are these things/motions /proposals not discussed with the clubs for their approval before the AGM ? I think they are in most RGCs . Indeed the bulk of proposals in most counties I'm in contact with come exclusively from the clubs otherwise the tail is wagging the dog

I recon the open meetings with all the club's will allow that debate. Ring the National Chairman and organise the meeting. From what I hear he is not the bogeyman and actually is very approachable the money man will be with him. I chatted to him in Birr and be honest he was down to earth and answered any questions I put to him.

I was referring to the full title given to the meeting above

I recon the open meetings with all the club's will allow that debate. Ring the National Chairman and organise the meeting. From what I hear he is not the bogeyman and actually is very approachable the money man will be with him. I chatted to him in Birr and be honest he was down to earth and answered any questions I put to him.

Am sure the chairman will be on to rgc's if he hasn't been already to organise all the meetings around the country

I was referring to the full title given to the meeting above
    I’d say it’s quite an apt title actually

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Am sure the chairman will be on to rgc's if he hasn't been already to organise all the meetings around the country

That is an interesting idea but I think it is better if regions themselves invite the Chairman/Exec down to meet and greet.

Looking at some of the resolutions before the AGM I think it is high time that some of them do. There is obviously a disconnect somewhere along the line. I am not saying he is everyones cup of tea but given the changes in the Association over the last 3 years I think the Association is in good shape.

Where do the misgivings come from? If there are questions then bring them down and quiz them. Ye would have nothing to lose.

• Advertisement

Backbarrel wrote: »

That is an interesting idea but I think it is better if regions themselves invite the Chairman/Exec down to meet and greet.

Looking at some of the resolutions before the AGM I think it is high time that some of them do. There is obviously a disconnect somewhere along the line. I am not saying he is everyones cup of tea but given the changes in the Association over the last 3 years I think the Association is in good shape.

Where do the misgivings come from? If there are questions then bring them down and quiz them. Ye would have nothing to lose.

From what i have been told there are many Clubs trying to get these meet and greets in RGC's but they are being stopped by the Executives in the Counties. Or as a mate of mine said the letter that's actually sent is re worded and instead of come down and have a chat its worded as a threat and an ultimatum demanding the appearance of the National Executive to appear and answer questions to the County executive.

Then when thats raised at the County meeting the answer is we have asked and the spin on them is that they refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

As a matter of course each RGC should request a visit from the Executive they are there to represent our interests and it is incumbent on us to ensure they know our views.
    Conversely the executive should visit each RGC to see that everything is OK the one thing that kills our association is that members feel a disconnect between the executive and the club member.
    I also think the rather than being an island RGC'S should have regular meetings with one another. why wouldn't Wexford RGC hold a joint meeting with Kilkenny or Carlow to discuss matters that are relevant to both. Maybe a game rearing/predator control seminar with the cost divided between both.We are all part of the one team just the same.
    Except the hurling I don't think the Yellowbellies and the Cats can see eye to eye there!!!

Talking to a delegate last night and he tells me he received more unsolicited post last night and in it there was a copy of somebody's legal action in it . Surely that kind of information shouldn't be winging its way into people's letter boxes by standard post. The Present chairman wasn't even in charge when most of this stuff happened so why isn't the chairman and executive of the day, which the sender of this mail was a member under the gun for this ? And who's paying for all these stamps . Have any of you ever sent a letter to someone and misspelled your own address

Talking to a delegate last night and he tells me he received more unsolicited post last night and in it there was a copy of somebody's legal action in it . Surely that kind of information shouldn't be winging its way into people's letter boxes by standard post. The Present chairman wasn't even in charge when most of this stuff happened so why isn't the chairman and executive of the day, which the sender of this mail was a member under the gun for this ? And who's paying for all these stamps . Have any of you ever sent a letter to someone and misspelled your own address

ya got that pile of BS highly inaccurate and ghost written. Don't put any pass in it.
    F him I am going shooting now that's more important

This is a disgraceful, Highly inaccurate pile of sh1te.

What kind of person spells their own address wrong..?All credit to ghost writers..

Look, previous regime are gone..left a steaming pile behind them and now ye lambast the cleanup crew..

Good fkin riddance.

Not a good idea throwing legal papers around in ongoing case. oh well.

I didn't see anything but I heard and it's not the first time this man circulated junk mail. I'm not a legal person, but I don't think a third person should circulate documents for a specific case that's sub judacae.

This seems to be a a desperate act of a desperate man that is loosing all credibility. He has lost all his dignity.

I didn't see anything but I heard and it's not the first time this man circulated junk mail. I'm not a legal person, but I don't think a third person should circulate documents for a specific case that's sub judacae.

This seems to be a a desperate act of a desperate man that is loosing all credibility. He has lost all his dignity.

The last sting of a dying wasp . If I was him I'd be tip toeing away from this hoping not to get a letter or two myself . The new P.R.O will hardly let this sit . He's foolish to be the mouth piece for those that are pushing and funding this agenda

The never ending row rumbles on...better not be yet another nargc funded court case out of this

The never ending row rumbles on...better not be yet another nargc funded court case out of this
    It'll rumble on as long as there's **** stirrers ^^^^ and people with vested interests and alliances to the old regime who have only their own agenda to pursue and don't care about the health of the association or shooting and hunting in general.
    The association has the right to defend itself against these people and has been proven to have the support of the vast majority of its members to do so.

• Advertisement

It'll rumble on as long as there's **** stirrers ^^^^ and people with vested interests and alliances to the old regime who have only their own agenda to pursue and don't care about the health of the association or shooting and hunting in general.
    The association has the right to defend itself against these people and has been proven to have the support of the vast majority of its members to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Probably wasn't long ago the new regime were considered the **** stirrers.

Regime change is always tough. Let's hope it doesn't turn into a rerun of "Animal Farm" by Orwell or what we're seeing in other threads with other shooting associations.

Dictatorship as a political system is a great thing ............... once you agree with the dictator. The problems start when you don't ;)

Regime change is always tough. Let's hope it doesn't turn into a rerun of "Animal Farm" by Orwell or what we're seeing in other threads with other shooting associations.

Dictatorship as a political system is a great thing ............... once you agree with the dictator. The problems start when you don't ;)

I think we need a Anchorman moment in a back alley somewhere with no weapons .
    Seriously though a line needs to be drawn through the past and proceed without those who wish the organization harm . Call them out of order when need be . And if they have a mind to do so let them proceed to the courts but without indemnification and at their own costs . To my mind what's coming from certain parties don't have the best intentions of their members in mind or their members are oblivious to what's being done in their name

The dictator has been ousted, we are now in a democracy, the days of being threatened if you disagree with the dictator and his cronies are thankfully over.

Change was so long overdue. No one could dispute that.

What is needed now is someone with sufficient balls to call a halt ,to try and get people around a table.

Change was so long overdue. No one could dispute that.

What is needed now is someone with sufficient balls to call a halt ,to try and get people around a table.

Everybody is at the table the association is moving on. There are important issues that need attention that will impact on the shooter on the ground.
    That said If I had to sit at a table with some of those guys I would have a baseball bat.

• Advertisement

grassroot1 wrote: »
    That said If I had to sit at a table with some of those guys I would have a baseball bat.

Any wonder the row doesn't end with that approach. .

Everybody is at the table the association is moving on. There are important issues that need attention that will impact on the shooter on the ground.
    Always handy at these meetings for smashing secret recording equipment being used under the table

A lesson learned through bitter experience.

Always handy at these meetings for smashing secret recording equipment being used under the table

Fair point..and neater than a 12g

Heard that a delegation from National Exec did a meet and greet/ ask me anything session in Galway on Friday night.

Was anyone at it, how did that go?

I know there are a few more counties wanting to bring them in for a talk too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,103 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Fair point..and neater than a 12g

1be395bb62446bf1_negan.JPGIs this guy now on the NARGC comittee?:D If so,would you ask him to go have a word with the HCAP IDMF shower?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    1be395bb62446bf1_negan.JPGIs this guy now on the NARGC comittee?:D If so,would you ask him to go have a word with the HCAP IDMF shower?

I would but he is back inside for behaviour likely to lead to breach of the peace...

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

I would but he is back inside for behaviour likely to lead to breach of the peace...

No he's not he is my hero he is still fighting the fight against zombies, you know soulless creatures that are dead but don't realise it and keep coming back to try get you and each time they raise their heads you have to keep smacking them down, and even after you cut their arm or head off they still try and come at you, slinking of into the darkness to plan more mischief.

No he's not he is my hero he is still fighting the fight against zombies, you know soulless creatures that are dead but don't realise it and keep coming back to try get you and each time they raise their heads you have to keep smacking them down, and even after you cut their arm or head off they still try and come at you, slinking of into the darkness to plan more mischief.

Now this is just silly comparing what's going on inside the organization and the actions of Negan being compared to the new executive this is plain insulting and untrue. It's obvious to everyone who has eyes that Negan represents the previous and past administration all swearing blind loyalty to a brutal regime and willing to lay down and die for his selfish destructive behavior, locked inside his compound and his walls protected by his mindless bullying minions and soulless Zombies . On the other side of this Titanic battle you have a coming together of different settlements from around the country who were willing to live in peace but finally got pushed too far . Who represents The King, Jesus
    and Rick I'll leave up to you but I'd love to be Daryl and we all know who Negan is and like Rick we have had our fair share of moles and turncoats. I can hear them shouting in certain counties I AM DEGAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Now this is just silly comparing what's going on inside the organization and the actions of Negan being compared to the new executive this is plain insulting and untrue. It's obvious to everyone who has eyes that Negan represents the previous and past administration all swearing blind loyalty to a brutal regime and willing to lay down and die for his selfish destructive behavior, locked inside his compound and his walls protected by his mindless bullying minions and soulless Zombies . On the other side of this Titanic battle you have a coming together of different settlements from around the country who were willing to live in peace but finally got pushed too far . Who represents The King, Jesus
    and Rick I'll leave up to you but I'd love to be Daryl and we all know who Negan is and like Rick we have had our fair share of moles and turncoats. I can hear them shouting in certain counties I AM DEGAN

Deep man, very deep..

It reminds me of the end of Pulp Fiction with the argument over the meaning of the parable...Samuel L Jackson..."No Ringo.. You are the weak..and I am the tyranny of evil men.."

Anyway, fair play to perfect storm.. can I get Lucille with a NARGC logo?

Now this is just silly comparing what's going on inside the organization and the actions of Negan being compared to the new executive this is plain insulting and untrue. It's obvious to everyone who has eyes that Negan represents the previous and past administration all swearing blind loyalty to a brutal regime and willing to lay down and die for his selfish destructive behavior, locked inside his compound and his walls protected by his mindless bullying minions and soulless Zombies .

No closed season zombies either...time to take the grinder to the o/u

Heard that a delegation from National Exec did a meet and greet/ ask me anything session in Galway on Friday night.

There was a meeting in Kildare last night called by some clubs How did it go?

It has been ever so quiet...Heard today that Mayo or Roscommon have invited the some of the Exec out to have a meet and greet.

Could be wrong about the counties, but I believe a few counties are loking for a visit.

I will be recomending my countiy do the same at the next meeting..can do no harm.

There was a meeting in Kildare last night called by some clubs How did it go?
    Is there any truth as to the uproar at a Kildale RGC meeting during the week. There is a lad I work with said his brother reckons there will be an egm to replace the executive. 3 of them walked out to shouts/heckles and retort in threats of suing some who dared question them. God be with the days when you can have a good ****ing row without ever worrying about being sued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Is there any truth as to the uproar at a Kildale RGC meeting during the week. There is a lad I work with said his brother reckons there will be an egm to replace the executive. 3 of them walked out to shouts/heckles and retort in threats of suing some who dared question them. God be with the days when you can have a good ****ing row without ever worrying about being sued.

Nothing wrong with a good row, it clears the air and gets everything out in the open.

• Advertisement

gunny123 wrote: »

Nothing wrong with a good row, it clears the air and gets everything out in the open.
    Have to agree. Problem is someone always feel slighted and feel the need to defend themselves in the courts.

Have to agree. Problem is someone always feel slighted and feel the need to defend themselves in the courts.

Snowflakes...god be with the days people had the back bone to call ya a pr&@k and take the response in the same vain...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

Heard Kildare RGC top table all walked out but 1 and she sat there dumbfounded 😂 apparently the top table aren’t fans of the NARGC so they are trying to sway everyone to the other side . Who knows

The latest I heard is that the Kildare Clubs are fed up being fed Bull****. That every time there was a meeting the NARGC were a shower of ****, that it was all falling apart etc etc. The top table were pushing for Kildare to leave the NARGC and go elsewhere. It looks like the Club's have stood up to them and more power. Not sure if it's true but the lads that left the meeting has threatened legal if there is an egm to get rid of them (sounds familiar).....what a shower of ****.

From what I hear Dublin RGC and Kilkenny are threatening the same Laois have gone quiet. Some on the Offally top table were told to get back in their box by others......so all in all we will have an interesting 2018.......to coin a border expression " the war is not over"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Sometimes the issue is that there are people involved with the various RGCs for many years (20 years+) and have done a lot of good work for the Association.

These guys are embedded and used to a certain status quo. Over the last 3 years or so that has all changed. Now the thing is you can only sit at the top table so long and say that the current regime are a bunch of wasters and they are making a balls of things.

The problem you have is that 23/4 RGCs out of 28 are backing the current Executive and Chairman and they are delivering or trying very hard to deliver.

What is happening now is that some of the counties that were harsh critics are adopting a wait and see approach and going into neutral mode.

Maybe the current exec are not as black as painted by some people in some of those RGCs.

Not so much that the war is over more like " they are not complete to$$ers"

For some that yearn for the old days the war will never be over but you know what? We are never going back to what it was .

berettaman wrote: »
    Sometimes the issue is that there are people involved with the various RGCs for many years (20 years+) and have done a lot of good work for the Association.

These guys are embedded and used to a certain status quo. Over the last 3 years or so that has all changed. Now the thing is you can only sit at the top table so long and say that the current regime are a bunch of wasters and they are making a balls of things.

The problem you have is that 23/4 RGCs out of 28 are backing the current Executive and Chairman and they are delivering or trying very hard to deliver.

What is happening now is that some of the counties that were harsh critics are adopting a wait and see approach and going into neutral mode.

Maybe the current exec are not as black as painted by some people in some of those RGCs.

Not so much that the war is over more like " they are not complete to$$ers"

For some that yearn for the old days the war will never be over but you know what? We are never going back to what it was .

I was given to understand, recently, that the issue us not so much with the exec as it is with the entire gb.

Nothing to do with old days more a gb that follows the pier piper of the day.

I was given to understand, recently, that the issue us not so much with the exec as it is with the entire gb.

You know damn well the old pied piper is still whistling and his rats are still blindly following his tune, too stupid to realize they’re being used as pawns in a vengeful spiteful campaign to disrupt and intimidate the current NARGC executive in carrying out their duties which is promoting hunting and shooting, not fighting spurious legal battles.
    Anyone that cares about shooting and hunting wants all this legal crap to end but these clowns in Kildare, the ****stirrer in Dublin and a few more dotted around the country can’t let it go for whatever reason or whatever they’ve been promised.
    I hope the nargc community in Kildare stand their ground and don’t let cowardly threats of legal action deter them from effecting change and getting rid of the people who are dragging the association through the mud.

You know damn well the old pied piper is still whistling and his rats are still blindly following his tune, too stupid to realize they’re being used as pawns in a vengeful spiteful campaign to disrupt and intimidate the current NARGC executive in carrying out their duties which is promoting hunting and shooting, not fighting spurious legal battles.
    Anyone that cares about shooting and hunting wants all this legal crap to end but these clowns in Kildare, the ****stirrer in Dublin and a few more dotted around the country can’t let it go for whatever reason or whatever they’ve been promised.
    I hope the nargc community in Kildare stand their ground and don’t let cowardly threats of legal action deter them from effecting change and getting rid of the people who are dragging the association through the mud.

No I don't know that as a fact.

I assume you know this as fact as you have asked the clown, s stirrer and Co. ....or even spoken to then once...!

I don't know where you get your information. .Donald trump news feed perhaps?

berettaman wrote: »

Not so much that the war is over more like " they are not complete to$ers"

That doesn't read well are you sure that there is a problem with the democratically nominated County delegates, why is it because they are backing the Chairman and the Natonal. Executive as they turn the Association around in difficult waters.

The GB holds the NE to account through robust debate and questioning are the Quarterly meeting and so far all the questions have been answered to the satisfaction of the GB.

The NE is elected of the floor of the GB, so how is there a problem with the GB?

• Advertisement

That doesn't read well are you sure that there is a problem with the democratically nominated County delegates, why is it because they are backing the Chairman and the Natonal. Executive as they turn the Association around in difficult waters.

The GB holds the NE to account through robust debate and questioning are the Quarterly meeting and so far all the questions have been answered to the satisfaction of the GB.

The NE is elected of the floor of the GB, so how is there a problem with the GB?

it was a colourful rant that i was on the receiving end of...the cleaned up version would be

love to be known as the big men at a county level probably hen pecked at home

not contibuting at meetings as in can some of these people actually speak..like nodding dogs on your dashboard at gb meetings

followed the last pied piper and now the latest cause it sounds good

couldnt run a sweet shop

spending less money does of course mean you will have more money in the bank

walked straight into a bear trap recently that they didnt even see....

so yes i am sure of what i was told........

Advertisement