Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NARGC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Possibly of interest to those following this thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057844104

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I see on the Association website that Pat Donlon Roscommon RGC, has passed away. A very decent man that loved his fox shooting. No airs just sound. He will be sadly missed by all that knew him through club of the year etc. RIP Pat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Heard that a few minutes ago. Shooting clays this morning and lads were saying he passed. I didn't know the man but was a true gent by all accounts.

NARGC Meeting in Tullamore tomorrow wonder what the scuttlebutt will be.?

The meeting is in the MULLINGAR PARK Hotel at 11 AM.

This will be the mid season report before the Game Development Day(s) and the National Clay Shoot.

Heard from one if our delegates that the complaints sent to the gardai by sports coalitions chairmen were now investigated and thrown out. Also apparently there's another "Anonomous" complaint doing the rounds. Lads on the floor pissed off...executive told to go on the offensive and nip it in the bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Well thats good news. Met my delegate in the pub for the match..

Heard that a harder line is going to be taken against the likes of that type of blackguarding from a variety of gurriers . enough is enough for FFS.:mad:

Two feckin bull****e investigations from the same source and the same boyo allegedly tried to take down a charity shoot in East Cork? C,mon to feck lads..people like this have no place in our sport.

Are there rules about wasting garda time? Just wondering?

National Fund administrator has been playing a blinder in delaing with the complaints against the association. huge work put in.

Youth development officer and helpers had a stormer of a day in Carlow introducing transition years to shooting. Much needed to grow the sport. A firearm shouldn't be a dirty word.

30th June /1 July Game Development open day in Bloomfield House hotel. I am going to that.Sure Feck it, no Birr this year.

Lots going on and most of it positive I was told.

my delegate: The drink kicked in and he was happy, the goals went in and he was sad. That's life.:)

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Well thats good news. Met my delegate in the pub for the match..

Heard that a harder line is going to be taken against the likes of that type of blackguarding from a variety of gurriers . enough is enough for FFS.:mad:

Two feckin bull****e investigations from the same source and the same boyo allegedly tried to take down a charity shoot in East Cork? C,mon to feck lads..people like this have no place in our sport.

Are there rules about wasting garda time? Just wondering?

National Fund administrator has been playing a blinder in delaing with the complaints against the association. huge work put in.

Youth development officer and helpers had a stormer of a day in Carlow introducing transition years to shooting. Much needed to grow the sport. A firearm shouldn't be a dirty word.

30th June /1 July Game Development open day in Bloomfield House hotel. I am going to that.Sure Feck it, no Birr this year.

Lots going on and most of it positive I was told.

my delegate: The drink kicked in and he was happy, the goals went in and he was sad. That's life.:)

It was a good meeting overall.

Fund Admin and J Butler -Youth Development- the standouts.

The targeting by rogues will have to be made stop.

A lot of that comes from insecurity. They know they do not have the membership or support so they try to make mischief where they can.

Some people have moved on to better things but they obviously still think about us a lot. Crazy Exes eh?:D

If the NARGC gave their members sandwiches they would report us to Bord Bia at this stage.:rolleyes:

Crazy exes:D

Look at it this way. There has been a change at the top of both Employees and Officers.
    The genie will never be put back in the bottle. Some people have a hard time moving on.

So what do you have:

1. Association on very sound financial basis. Money is being managed well but clean ups have a cost.
    2. Expansion of services is happening and members are taking on more tasks and some of them are growing into their role very well.
    3. The Association is seeking to grow and the fear factor is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭richiedel123

Is anybody going to the open days that the nargc are having? Seen the ad for it on Facebook and am thinking of tipping along. Looks like it could be good!!!

Our County board is organising a bus..so we will see. I'm working that weekend so I'm fecked. Should be good....and it's free.

Our County board is organising a bus..so we will see. I'm working that weekend so I'm fecked. Should be good....and it's free.

Have to say I'm looking forward to it. At a time wit game numbers in decline it's a very positive thing. It might get lads more interested in rearing game and getting numbers back up in the wild.

Have to say I'm looking forward to it. At a time wit game numbers in decline it's a very positive thing. It might get lads more interested in rearing game and getting numbers back up in the wild.

There is a bunch heading up from my club too. Really looking forward to it.

Fair play to the lads for trying something new. I am hoping it will be a great success.

Who's going tomorrow and what time does the beer garden open in the hotel.... clonmel chardonnay for me please with ice.

Who's going tomorrow and what time does the beer garden open in the hotel.... clonmel chardonnay for me please with ice.

Ill be there anyway 🙂 clonmel chardonnay sounds nice. Are u buying? 😜

• Advertisement

Went yesterday. It was very good, learned some good tips. Nice to see they gave 10 free snares to everyone who wanted them good information available too.

National Clay Shoot this weekend.

Being held West of the Shannon for the first time in while.

Should be good crack. The word is that Louth have a strong team again this year. Lets see how well they travel.:p (No pressure like):D

The pool shoot was great crack last year so I will deffo have a go at that. A bunch of bandits from North Tipp had a good cut off that last year, it was good crack.

berettaman wrote: »
    National Clay Shoot this weekend.

Being held West of the Shannon for the first time in while.

Should be good crack. The word is that Louth have a strong team again this year. Lets see how well they travel.:p (No pressure like):D

The pool shoot was great crack last year so I will deffo have a go at that. A bunch of bandits from North Tipp had a good cut off that last year, it was good crack.

From what i hear they will be back again this year in bigger numbers to try get more prizes 🙂
    It's a lovely ground so hopefully huge numbers make the journey to enjoy the 2 days

Any good this year, I see on FB one of our Lads took High Gun and I see a second for a vet.

Any good this year, I see on FB one of our Lads took High Gun and I see a second for a vet.

• Advertisement

The Shoot was only brilliant this year, in my opinion.

The course lay out was very good. The distance to walk was a bit long but at least you were in the shade for most of it. Each stand threw clays at you in cute ways using the environment very well. It was a course worthy of an All Ireland.

The standard of shooting was excellent. Fair play to Louth winning for Club and County. It is always nice to see new names on the cup.

The pool shoot was excellent. There was a shoot off on the Saturday and some lad from North Tipp got in a few lucky shots to win it on the Sunday.:p:D

The shooting was unreal, in fairness.

Fair play to all involved. Judging by the car park the numbers are growing every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Any results of the shoot ?

The course lay out was very good. The distance to walk was a bit long but at least you were in the shade for most of it. Each stand threw clays at you in cute ways using the environment very well. It was a course worthy of an All Ireland.

The standard of shooting was excellent. Fair play to Louth winning for Club and County. It is always nice to see new names on the cup.

The pool shoot was excellent. There was a shoot off on the Saturday and some lad from North Tipp got in a few lucky shots to win it on the Sunday.:p:D

Fair play to all involved. Judging by the car park the numbers are growing every year.

Well lads, It was a brilliant shoot. Well done to all involved.

Pool shoot was good craic and the course was brill.

It must be time for the NARGC to acquire a grounds of their own now.

The demand is there and we could do with a national centre for clays, proficieny courses and so on.

I know it is a tall ask but feck sake, we are a National Association, do we need a national shooting grounds?;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

That didn't go too well the last time it was tried & I don't see it going too well in the future either.

That didn't go too well the last time it was tried & I don't see it going too well in the future either.

Too young to know what happened the last time.

Due tto laws of libel I am afraid to ask.

But you have a different crew there now with a completely different mindset.

Also the grounds could double up for hosting the game development day and stuff like that.
    Look, I am just throwing stuff around. Was driving home with the lads and we were saying, what if?

Well lads, It was a brilliant shoot. Well done to all involved.

Pool shoot was good craic and the course was brill.

The demand is there and we could do with a national centre for clays, proficieny courses and so on.

I know it is a tall ask but feck sake, we are a National Association, do we need a national shooting grounds?;)

Hold the horses there folks....that sort of talk the last time cost us a very honourable Chairman. if I remember right we ended up in the Courts and the unwashed are forbidden from mentioning the unmentionable location in a certain area of the midlands. To quote the Yanks "That hound ain't gona hunt".

Personally, let's not forget what the "G" stands for in the organisation's name.

I can appreciate that the concept is sound. The NARGC owning a plot of land with facility that would allow for there own training courses and meetings to be held and an event like the National shoot, even an example of pens, traps etc like what we say at the game and vermin day in Mullingar However as I said I think that nerve is too raw. I wouldn't be sure it would get past the membership.

I know we are a Game association and yes I know the argument regarding a proper place were you'd see how it's done that people can walk around and clubs can go, but I'd still say the memory of the past is far too strong.

Hold the horses there folks....that sort of talk the last time cost us a very honourable Chairman. if I remember right we ended up in the Courts and the unwashed are forbidden from mentioning the unmentionable location in a certain area of the midlands. To quote the Yanks "That hound ain't gona hunt".

Everyone take a deep breath.:D

I am sure that any concept of a National Centre/NARGC HQ or Game Development Grounds would have to form part of an overall strategic plan for the Association.

I am sure that the people involved would not try and emulate the efforts of the last regime, and I will leave it at that.

When you look at events like the Clay shoot and the GAME development day you could see why a central venue owned by the Association would be attractive proposition.

We are a democratic Association. Perhaps one of the 28 regions will make a proposal for this years AGM?

• Advertisement

Amazing the people in the NARGC a wet day are coming up with all these great ideas on how to spend money that many others have spent years paying into the Association.

If you want to go shoot clays there are plenty of grounds out there already. There are plenty of things any spare money can be spent on eg developing game rearing/management and more importantly vermin control.

Amazing the people in the NARGC a wet day are coming up with all these great ideas on how to spend money that many others have spent years paying into the Association.

If you want to go shoot clays there are plenty of grounds out there already. There are plenty of things any spare money can be spent on eg developing game rearing/management and more importantly vermin control.
    I don't think the NARGC are coming up with it, from what I gathered talking to a lad who was over there on Sunday, there was the typical comments the grounds being a great spot and why didn't the NARGC have there own place, same way when I went to the game and vermin weekend a lad saud that the set up sbould form a permanent display somewhere clubs can visit.

What's funny is that when I mentioned the topic/thread to him he quickly said don t go there or we will all be in trouble, to forget about the idea.

gunny123 wrote: »
    Any results of the shoot ?

Hi Gunny, the results are on NARGC Facrbook.

Some nice pics too.

https://nargc.ie/face-briefing-current-situation-with-lead-ammunition-in-europe/

Just in case you think the attack in lead and other bits has gone away. I found this on the NARGC website. I'd expect the shooting organisations to be saying a bit more, or is it a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nowhere near a done deal...But we are too damn quiet about it here in IRL.
    As said before, it also affects deer,and target shooters. In fact were this to come thru,it could affect and close down places like the Midlands range,as it is out in a definition of the EU on a "wetland":eek::eek:

https://firearms-united.com/eu-ammunition-ban/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

What is the reasoning for banning copper on ammunition ? its non toxic.

This is nothing short of death by 1000 cuts. There even on about plastic wad's washing up on coastlines. As Frazer said in Dads Army....."We're doomed, I tell ye, Doomed"

This is nothing short of death by 1000 cuts. There even on about plastic dad's washing up on coastlines. As Frazer said in Dads Army....."We're doomed, I tell ye, Doomed"
    And I'm not convinced that FACE will fight this on the basis sure other Countries are using steel Paddy step in line. The annoying thing is...Police and Military are exempt from the Lead ban. It's typical hit the Joe Soap, ban firearms by making it impractical to use ammunition. It makes me mad, and we are sitting and taking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

solarwinds wrote: »
    What is the reasoning for banning copper on ammunition ? its non toxic.

copper is toxic to all animals at different levels, some breeds of sheep just need a sniff of it to keel over

• Advertisement

Governing Body meeting called for the 22nd. That's the one where the annual reports are given out. Hopefully short and sweet.

I see some poor unfortunate on NARGC Facebook dropped a comment about why the NARGC had done nothing about GDPR.

(For those that don't know we have been GDPR'd to death in the last 6 months)

Fair play to Chris Gavican everyone was well trained up on that score.

Nice to see plenty of counties setting him straight.:D

Governing Body meeting called for the 22nd. That's the one where the annual reports are given out. Hopefully short and sweet.

I see some poor unfortunate on NARGC Facebook dropped a comment about why the NARGC had done nothing about GDPR.

(For those that don't know we have been GDPR'd to death in the last 6 months)

Fair play to Chris Gavican everyone was well trained up on that score.

Nice to see plenty of counties setting him straight.:D

I saw that I also, I also just saw that John Flannery NARGC National Safety Officer has just been made Vice President of FACE,

https://www.face.eu/members/

First I heard about FACE but they seem big enough assume you must know what your talking about to get in there. Congrats to the man good to see the Irish are becoming more prominent in fighting for Hunters rights on a European stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

I saw that I also, I also just saw that John Flannery NARGC National Safety Officer has just been made Vice President of FACE,

https://www.face.eu/members/

First I heard about FACE but they seem big enough assume you must know what your talking about to get in there. Congrats to the man good to see the Irish are becoming more prominent in fighting for Hunters rights on a European stage.

Several former NARGC employee's are now working for FACE. Dr David Scallan has written many pieces on the NARGC site, including The Predator Control Manual, which helps throw a light on many queries reguarding snaring, trapping, lamping etc.

He is now Senior Conservation manager for FACE.

Of course it is a huge organisation, representing hunters from all over Europe, and has many employees from all over Europe. I've been receiving news letters from FACE, for a good while now, and although a lot of info wouldnt be of interest to most of us, there are some interesting articles too. Some of which affect us here in Ireland, like the banning of lead shot.

Eddie B wrote: »
    Several former NARGC employee's are now working for FACE. Dr David Scallan has written many pieces on the NARGC site, including The Predator Control Manual, which helps throw a light on many queries reguarding snaring, trapping, lamping etc.

He is now Senior Conservation manager for FACE.

Of course it is a huge organisation, representing hunters from all over Europe, and has many employees from all over Europe. I've been receiving news letters from FACE, for a good while now, and although a lot of info wouldnt be of interest to most of us, there are some interesting articles too. Some of which affect us here in Ireland, like the banning of lead shot.

Thats good news to hear hopefully Irelands interests at in turn our interests will be well looked after. Its a first for us and hopefully a good start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hopefully,as FACE needed a good shake-up.It was losing ground rapidly under the old corps that was in there.So maybe us Paddies can make a difference?:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hopefully,as FACE needed a good shake-up.It was losing ground rapidly under the old corps that was in there.So maybe us Paddies can make a difference?:)
    I hope so I get the feeling they role over too easy, I think they have giving up on lead. I think we should start rocking the boat a bit more.

• Advertisement

Good crowd of lads in the NARGC tent at the ploughing on Tuesday, that shooting simulator seems to attract a lot of People. Where they the only game/shooting exhibitors or was there anyone else there didnt get around the whole site was under time pressure to get back for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Ya about the ploughing and in the you could not make it up of Irish politics
    I was at the ploughing on Tuesday and went to Dept of Ag about an ANC issue and not being paid. The nice lady there told me to get my Td onto the problem.No time like the present so off to the FG tent.
    Sweet mother of mercy who was behind the counter only the bold Des Crofton large as life. What a small little country we live in

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ayagerard

grassroot1 wrote: »
    I was at the ploughing on Tuesday and went to Dept of Ag about an ANC issue and not being paid. The nice lady there told me to get my Td onto the problem.No time like the present so off to the FG tent.
    Sweet mother of mercy who was behind the counter only the bold Des Crofton large as life. What a small little country we live in

now sir i have heard of being between a rock and a hard place , and i understand where you are with not been payed YOUR anc , BUT i would find it hard to swallow my spit in that tint

To paraphrase The Outlaw Josey Wales "A Man has gotta do something for a livin"
    He is a fulltime lobbyist/ advisor

Sure I thought he marched shoulder to shoulder with the souldiers of destiny? i.e Fianna Fail to those too young to know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement