Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NARGC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

grassroot1 wrote:
    One of the local tools tells me we will soon have to apply for a licence to lamp foxes at night as an aid to counter deer poaching. Did anyone else hear anything about this?

Yes and the Sports Coalition are the ones to thank for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Ffs that's all we need

Was down in Cork over the week with work. My mate down there tells me there has been a big shake up on the county board also I hear the other fella is back and all the exexutuve have recieved solicitors letters. A Meeting is called for the 25th Feb....and I thought this **** was settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Was down in Cork over the week with work. My mate down there tells me there has been a big shake up on the county board also I hear the other fella is back and all the exexutuve have recieved solicitors letters. A Meeting is called for the 25th Feb....and I thought this **** was settled.

Crazy if true. I heard there was an exit package agreed that would have been very...agreeable...to all sides.

Good luck to that then..

Also if the lads just elected last October got letters that's crazy..

Backbarrel wrote:
    Crazy if true. I heard there was an exit package agreed that would have been very...agreeable...to all sides.

I didnt hear that and when you say agrreable.....as in 27,000 individual members who fork out €50 a year......I wouldn't give the steam of my pizz

If it's true and my mate reckons as he has it from good authority everyone on the Executive got the same letter...it's soul destroying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

circus that is what we are paying to every year.

blackpearl wrote:
    circus that is what we are paying to every year.

Yeah....personally for the last 25 years. If it was a dog you'd have shot it years ago..now there's an option bin it and start again. Fundamentally the idea is sound, an organisation founded around the Club.

Well Lads!

February Governing Body meeting this Saturday. Bloomfield House Hotel.
    Should be worth attending..

Spoke to my county delegate. He got a clatter of stuff in the post. A lot of good work being done it seems. Fair play, the Governing Body elected a very strong Executive and they are working hard.

Anyone heading up to it?

Our lads said they will raise the Sports Coalition **** thats going they read out a letter they sent to The Chairman and it is covering all the points I told them about.

Registering to shoot foxes in the barracks
    Competence of sport shooters and the suggested 5 yr training course
    Lead shot is on the cards again and the banning of it.... mmm wonder why we arent hearing about that....could it be we all will have tobuy NEW guns to comply
    Ballistic testing of all firearms in private ownership.

Bring pop corn tomorrow if your going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭p28559

I didnt hear that and when you say agrreable.....as in 27,000 individual members who fork out €50 a year......I wouldn't give the steam of my pizz

If it's true and my mate reckons as he has it from good authority everyone on the Executive got the same letter...it's soul destroying.

I thought the disagreement was amongst the club's and executive within Cork. .won't impact the individuals outside of Cork? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Well Lads!

February Governing Body meeting this Saturday. Bloomfield House Hotel.
    Should be worth attending..

Spoke to my county delegate. He got a clatter of stuff in the post. A lot of good work being done it seems. Fair play, the Governing Body elected a very strong Executive and they are working hard.

Anyone heading up to it?

Was at the meeting. Have to say it was one of the most positive meetings that I was at in a while. Lots of good work being done and of course the big news is that the NARGC is withdrawing from the sports coalition.

An absolute no brainer in my book.

Other than that I heard that the vice Chair who fell ill just before the meeting started has made a full recovery.

berettaman wrote: »
    Was at the meeting. Have to say it was one of the most positive meetings that I was at in a while. Lots of good work being done and of course the big news is that the NARGC is withdrawing from the sports coalition.

Other than that I heard that the vice Chair who fell ill just before the meeting started has made a full recovery.

Was down the back as a spectator..very good meeting. The Vice Chair form Monaghan is on the mend I hear. Good stuff.

Look it is like this, the Executive that are there are working well and delivering..

From start to finish it was very positive..The finances are under control and the treasurer is doing the business. The officers are doing their bit and the meeting was mostly polite..fair play all round.
    I think the ranting and raving of a misguided minority is dying down and the NARGC is building something special...

Backbarrel wrote:
    The Vice Chair form Monaghan is on the mend I hear. Good stuff.

I heard that alright..Dan Curly is a gentleman glad to hear. Does a lot of work in the County too and active hope this doesn't slow him down.

FFS! I spoke to a few Cork lads on Saturday. Some right drama going on there. General meeting needed to sort out the mess I would say..

Our Rep was pissed last night that the 5 counties who didn't put in for pheasant sub who were also the 5 dissident counties where wringing their hands and sniffling so much about there mistake and confusion that the governing body voted to give them back there €3k sub.... i have to agree why have cut off dates if you dont apply...especially those lot they near ruined the Association.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Our Rep was pissed last night that the 5 counties who didn't put in for pheasant sub who were also the 5 dissident counties where wringing their hands and sniffling so much about there mistake and confusion that the governing body voted to give them back there €3k sub.... i have to agree why have cut off dates if you dont apply...especially those lot they near ruined the Association.

who were the counties?

In fairness I do not think that they were all the same counties although some of them were.

And in fairness the Governing Bodys decision was a sound one in that all regions should be in the Bird subsidy scheme..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Perfectstorm

He must have been pissed alright...i heard 3 counties..Kildare for sure, Galway may have sent their paperwork to the ferbane office,and another..but defo not the 5!!

Lease on a new office was also voted on. Good to see progress on that issue. Our delegate was surprised it came up under aob as he had no prior warning and couldn't vote because he had no instructions from the county...

The sports coalition is no loss to us all. But again delegate said it came up under aob and with no instructions from the county couldn't vote. .

No rows.
    No grandstanding.
    New policies published
    Constitution change
    New office lease
    SC gone.
    No insurance policy for rgc officers though which might explain the no rows.
    All the executive spoke well on their area of responsibility.
    Galway not happy with agm in their county.

Was told that maybe half of the delegates from counties contributed to debates definitely the following
    Cork.carlow.Galway. Laois. Cavan tipp Offaly.kilkenny.kildare.Dublin. roscommon.

I think thats a fair enough summing up of the meeting Perfect storm.

I think everyone is a bit sick of the bickering and the Executive is working hard. Let them at it.

The lease is only for 6 months so if the Gov Body are not happy they can pull the plug..

No insurance policy for rgc officers though which might explain the no rows.

Explain that please..What are RGC officers not insured now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭richiedel123

Went to the meeting myself. Taught it went very well to be honest. The executive all spoke very well the chairman ran the meeting well. The people on the floor did their part too. There was no fighting or bickering. The accounts seem to be doing good now. From where I sat it looked like things are back on the up. The executive and officers are doing a great job to be honest and hopefully the nargc will start to thrive once again.

Explain that please..What are RGC officers not insured now?

Breaksdown like this:

All RGC members and officers are covered by the fund for their normal hunting activities and club meetings etc.

The D & O policy related to very few within the Association and covered very specific items such as defamation/negligence etc.(I think).

The company that provided this cover could not get a quote to cover this type of insurance - and there is no surprise there.

Galway not happy with agm in their county.

Puzzled by this. This was a great chance for Galway to out their best foot forward..

The issue of an available hotel was the clincher..I hope the Galway powers that Be take part in this. This could be good for boosting the sport in the county. Of course it is their choice.

Puzzled by this. This was a great chance for Galway to out their best foot forward..

The issue of an available hotel was the clincher..I hope the Galway powers that Be take part in this. This could be good for boosting the sport in the county. Of course it is their choice.

I only got the summary so have limited idea what it is about. Something to do with it being there a few years ago but it is not like they have to build an Olympic stadium.but they must have a valid reason of their own and that's fair enough

Similar the insurance I only got a summary. Does not affect anyone in the field at all. It only affects officers at meetings so I guess your right it is mind your P''s and Q''s from now on cause the parachute is gone.

I only got the summary so have limited idea what it is about. Something to do with it being there a few years ago but it is not like they have to build an Olympic stadium.but they must have a valid reason of their own and that's fair enough

Similar the insurance I only got a summary. Does not affect anyone in the field at all. It only affects officers at meetings so I guess your right it is mind your P''s and Q''s from now on cause the parachute is gone.

Am told that since the meeting took place 2 delegates from different counties have received solicitors letters on behalf of a member of the executive. Seemingly offense was taken by this member of the executive during the skimirishes of last summer to something the 2 individuals either said or did...fight season is back

Am told that since the meeting took place 2 delegates from different counties have received solicitors letters on behalf of a member of the executive. Seemingly offense was taken by this member of the executive during the skimirishes of last summer to something the 2 individuals either said or did...fight season is back

Heard that too. Seemingly a couple of delegates are alleged to have played the man and not the ball a bit too much (Even for the NARGC) and a polite request for a retraction was sent to them.

This is in no way aimed at the county RGCs themselves but at the persons who allegedly spoke the utterances.

Look, you can disagree on policy and the like but if you stand up and say "so and so did xyz.." and xyz is something unsavoury.. then you either back it up or apologise..

Last summer people were queuing up to have a kick because change was coming and some didn't like it..

I hope fight season is not back, really.

Backbarrel wrote:

Did it really end.?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pfizer

Did it really end.?

the storm clouds gathering in cork

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Heard that too. Seemingly a couple of delegates are alleged to have played the man and not the ball a bit too much (Even for the NARGC) and a polite request for a retraction was sent to them.

This is in no way aimed at the county RGCs themselves but at the persons who allegedly spoke the utterances.

Look, you can disagree on policy and the like but if you stand up and say "so and so did xyz.." and xyz is something unsavoury.. then you either back it up or apologise..

Last summer people were queuing up to have a kick because change was coming and some didn't like it..

The way it was explained to me was that it was not the change itself that was the problem as the organisation was always facing into change but rather the sudden nature of the change and the uncertainty associated with that.

There was so much paperwork and so many speeches flying around last year that all might find something unsavoury.

Once solicitors letters start flying the ball is rolling one way only

• Advertisement

pfizer wrote:
    the storm clouds gathering in cork

I've a good mate from Cork. Now he keeps well away from any Political ****e as the last Cork man that put his head up to be counted got ambushed😆...his words not mine. But there is a lot of hunger for serious change down here but they're scared. If half of what he is saying is true then that county needs help.

Once solicitors letters start flying the ball is rolling one way only

It's very hard to get off that train once those boys get involved....it kinda runs away on you.

I've a good mate from Cork. Now he keeps well away from any Political ****e as the last Cork man that put his head up to be counted got ambushed😆...his words not mine. But there is a lot of hunger for serious change down here but they're scared. If half of what he is saying is true then that county needs help.

Is it fair to say that whatever is going on in cork is in an internal issue and does not have anything to do with any other rgc or the national associated?

Is it fair to say that whatever is going on in cork is in an internal issue and does not have anything to do with any other rgc or the national associated?

According to my mate...there ripping themselves apart sad when you think of it cork looks like the famous scene from life of brian when you look at all the different clubs and federations.....Peoples front of Judeah, Judean Peoples front even "Splitters"

According to my mate...there ripping themselves apart sad when you think of it cork looks like the famous scene from life of brian when you look at all the different clubs and federations.....Peoples front of Judeah, Judean Peoples front even "Splitters"

There not ripping themselves apart in cork its straight crucifixion for anybody who is trying to stop the dictatorship

pfizer wrote:
    There not ripping themselves apart in cork its straight crucifixion for anybody who is trying to stop the dictatorship

I don't know that much about it....but from chatting to lads neither does anyone else outside the Executive.
    Lads down there tried to make changes there was a lad from Cork on here posting about the issues a while back.

• Advertisement

pfizer wrote: »

Sounds a right mess. Sure the next agm will sort it out. Whom ever gets voted in has the support of the club's to either change stuff or keep going as they have been .

Big county so trying to keep everyone happy would be hard work.

Was down in Cork the last while. **** hitting the fan I hear big time with 6 Clubs now wanting to breakaway and there going this week talk of a RGC in an RGC kind crap.

Their elections for officers of the county are on around now I think so could be interesting to see who stays or goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Was down in Cork the last while. **** hitting the fan I hear big time with 6 Clubs now wanting to breakaway and there going this week talk of a RGC in an RGC kind crap.

That's 7 clubs wanting to breakaway. I take it that if the first 6 don't get their people on the top table they will split and form their own RGC. .... and I don't think the notion of a rgc in an rgc is crap.

Although some of the potential replacement candidates are as bad as the ones they want to replace.

The 7th club however is definetly hitting the road, good luck and thanks.

That's 7 clubs wanting to breakaway. I take it that if the first 6 don't get their people on the top table they will split and form their own RGC. .... and I don't think the notion of a rgc in an rgc is crap.

Although some of the potential replacement candidates are as bad as the ones they want to replace.

The 7th club however is definetly hitting the road, good luck and thanks.

Can you not change the top table and excercise control from the floor.

• Advertisement

Going to be interesting to see what happens. If the current exec get reelected the Clubs seeking to replace them either accept the vote or leave the RGC. Same for the Clubs supporting the current exec of course.

What happens if the unsuccessful group seeks to establish their own county structure.?

Can anyone see the national association taking them in?

If they did would it set a precident for all counties where a minority group want to run the county ?

What point in having rgc's at all if the above occurs?

Going to be interesting to see what happens. If the current exec get reelected the Clubs seeking to replace them either accept the vote or leave the RGC. Same for the Clubs supporting the current exec of course.

What happens if the unsuccessful group seeks to establish their own county structure.?

Can anyone see the national association taking them in?

If they did would it set a precident for all counties where a minority group want to run the county ?

What point in having rgc's at all if the above occurs?

In Cavan a club recently affiliated and as long as it was accepted by the other Clubs by majority there was no hassel. Im sure as long as the other lads in Cork have the backing and swing it with the Governing Body of the NARG then it shouldnt be a problem. The existing Cork lads can sit on it and swivel...as I said affiliate to Tipperaery, theres nothing in the rules to say dont

In Cavan a club recently affiliated and as long as it was accepted by the other Clubs by majority there was no hassel. Im sure as long as the other lads in Cork have the backing and swing it with the Governing Body of the NARG then it shouldnt be a problem. The existing Cork lads can sit on it and swivel...as I said affiliate to Tipperaery, theres nothing in the rules to say

It makes no sense while I accept you say there is no rule..i would go further and say it would be the final nails in the coffin...

I understand.... but when you can't get other Clubs around you to stand up to the mark...then look after yourself.

I had my mate onto me after a meeting this week he attended. He was shocked by the brazen attitude of a select number and the " let's rearrange the deck chairs approach of many"

I understand.... but when you can't get other Clubs around you to stand up to the mark...then look after yourself.

I had my mate onto me after a meeting this week he attended. He was shocked by the brazen attitude of a select number and the " let's rearrange the deck chairs approach of many"

I think the Cork situation is a microcosm of the National one. It is not easy but get enough good lads together and it can be sorted out.

I heard the National Chairman attended and info night in Cork in mid week and answered a some questions in a kind of open info night. From what I heard it went fairly well in a clear the air sort of way. Funny thing was the query about all the legal cases and some lad asked how much was spent on legal fees.

The answer given was unreal. I am trying to get the figures confirmed.;)

Backbarrel wrote:
    I heard the National Chairman attended and info night in Cork in mid week and answered a some questions in a kind of open info night. From what I heard it went fairly well in a clear the air sort of way. Funny thing was the query about all the legal cases and some lad asked how much was spent on legal fees.

My mate said that some monopoly money figures given out and people were shocked by it.

My mate said that some monopoly money figures given out and people were shocked by it.

The answer given on the night was:
    Per the accounts Legal fees from 2012 to date are €1.909m

Legal fees for "prior regime" represent about 1.835m of that.

Safe to say there has been a turnaround.

I heard that the guy asking about it might have been trying to embarrass the lads that went their that night. I think it backfired! :D

What is going on in cork federation is absolutely disgraceful it wouldn't be tolerated in any other county but be under no illusion cork federation is owned and ruled by one man and has the backing of 95% of executive and who will turn the blind eye to everything that is going on the other 5% are only troublemakers that want to bring the dictatorship to a end this man won't stopped until he gets his hands on that Holy Grail ?

pfizer wrote: »
    What is going on in cork federation is absolutely disgraceful it wouldn't be tolerated in any other county but be under no illusion cork federation is owned and ruled by one man and has the backing of 95% of executive and who will turn the blind eye to everything that is going on the other 5% are only troublemakers that want to bring the dictatorship to a end this man won't stopped until he gets his hands on that Holy Grail ?

You know what to do. Get organised, make the calls and line up who is running for whatever position. It takes a lot of effort but it can be done.

The people trying to change things are often called all sorts of names..it proves that the other side are scared..Change is good..

The answer given on the night was:
    Per the accounts Legal fees from 2012 to date are €1.909m

Legal fees for "prior regime" represent about 1.835m of that.

Safe to say there has been a turnaround.

I heard that the guy asking about it might have been trying to embarrass the lads that went their that night. I think it backfired! :D

I wasn't good at Math but your saying

Legal fees prior to change of top table €1.8 million
    Legal fees total since 2012 €1.9

So Legal fees for the current regime is about 80K since they came in......What the Duck was 1.835 million being spent on...prior to the new regime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement