Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Strength & Conditioning

Options
  • 03-05-2016 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I am set to graduate this year with a degree in Business Studies from UL.

I know it is possible to get in to LIT's masters programme in S&C with this, but would anyone be able to advise me if it would be a good idea?
    I am assuming I would be well disadvantaged coming up against people who have done the 4 year degree if we were competing for a job down the line? All help appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

mufc1993 wrote: »

I know it is possible to get in to LIT's masters programme in S&C with this, but would anyone be able to advise me if it would be a good idea?
    I am assuming I would be well disadvantaged coming up against people who have done the 4 year degree if we were competing for a job down the line? All help appreciated.

Whatever about the 4 year degree, your biggest disadvantage would not be being a former professional / country athlete with the connections to get you a job later on.

There's really only a handful of legit professional S&C roles in Ireland that actually pay a liveable salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tixel

Hanley wrote: »
    Whatever about the 4 year degree, your biggest disadvantage would not be being a former professional / country athlete with the connections to get you a job later on.

There's really only a handful of legit professional S&C roles in Ireland that actually pay a liveable salary.

Anyone got any good suggestions for good books in the area of

Nutrition
    Sports Science

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Tixel wrote: »
    Anyone got any good suggestions for good books in the area of

Nutrition
    Sports Science

Nutrition:

Anything by Lyle McDonald.

Phil Learney's book is excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Physiology of sport and excersise by
    Wilmore and costill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

mufc1993 wrote: »

If you get the masters and spend 3 or 4 years getting lots of experience working for little or no pay you may have a chance at a career at the end of it.

If you just get the masters and don't put in the hours to get the experience you have no hope even with the 4 year degree.

• Advertisement
Advertisement