Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usage SMS

Options
  • 03-05-2016 4:42pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, do Eir send out sms's about broadband usage? My father in law has eircom broadband, and says he got a text about it. He does nothing really online, bar facebook, so I'd be surprised if he was anyway high. Would this be some kind of spam message?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. Eir would send a text advising there is rather high usage on the line. This is usually in relation to a rather large balance on the account. I would recommend he contact the billing team on 1800503303 (Opt 3) & they can advise him as best on this. Stacey

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I just rang for them, but their systems were down, and unable to check. They asked I call back tomorrow.

I don't believe it. They were cut off this morning due to high telephone usage! Lots of calls this month because he was diagnosed with cancer. Some shower. I'll be porting out. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

MarkR wrote: »
    I don't believe it. They were cut off this morning due to high telephone usage! Lots of calls this month because he was diagnosed with cancer. Some shower. I'll be porting out. 
    Hi  MarkR,

I'm very sorry to hear this.  

If there has been a high usage on an account the account may be barred for the protection of the customer as they can incur quite high charges. Please feel free to PM me your mobile number and pin and I'll take a look into this.

-Pamela 

Direct debit for 25 years and because the bill went from 74 to over 200 they get cut off? Suspension has now been lifted, but I'll be moving them away from eir now definitely. Text yesteday, cut off this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

MarkR wrote: »
    Direct debit for 25 years and because the bill went from 74 to over 200 they get cut off? Suspension has now been lifted, but I'll be moving them away from eir now definitely. Text yesteday, cut off this morning.
    I'm very sorry you feel this way and I completely understand your frustration with this MarkR 
    The account will be suspended in these cases in order to prevent the customer from inuring high charges on their account, I'm extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused.

-Pamela 

Advertisement