Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link Garmin watch to multiple phones?

Options
  • 03-05-2016 4:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wanting to make use of the Live tracking feature on the Garmin, but the work phone that my other half has has a tendency to try and unlock itself when being carried in any kind of running belt, and then after the unlock attempts obviously fail the phones security setup decides to perform a factory reset and wipes everything. Thinking of therefore getting a basic secondary phone that can be setup without the annoying corporate security settings on it and using that for linking with the watch for doing Live tracking during runs.

However, would the watch still be able to connect to the main phone for regular use such as message/ email/ call alerts? The spare phone would be switched off or out of range when not being used for running.

Working for a phone company so getting a spare handset/ contract/ payg phone isn't an issue, working around the corporate security that then causes a self destruct on the handset is. Can it be done, or is there a different avenue I should be thinking of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I have my fenix3 connected to my work phone 950 on WP10, tablet on WP10 and a cheap android LG50 that I use for podcasts. Used the LG50 with a prepaid SIM for the marathon with live tracking so the OH could check where I was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Excellent, thanks for that.

Advertisement