Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEN TEACHING - HELP

Options
  • 03-05-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm looking to go into SEN teaching but I'm unsure how to go about it.
    I have a level 5 in Social Studies and I also have a level 8 B.S.c in Education and Training. Although this is a teaching degree it does not allow me to register with the teaching council. I don't have any subjects.
    I'm also looking into going to the UK for a job but I don't particularly want to go over just to be a TA as I feel I'm over qualified for that.
    Has anyone got any recommendations??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

SEN teachers must be fully qualified teachers. If the TC won't allow you to register, you can't be paid. You would need to do a post grad.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Try St. Angela's college they have courses aimed at SEN teaching. I did a lot SEN teaching via the adult education route so that could be an option, adult education centres are exempt from the teaching council requirement. Also try going straight to places like Carmona Services, St Michael's, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NeasaA

Post graduate HDip in St pats drumcondra in special education would be worth looking into...year long part time course

Advertisement