Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whezzing, coughing and tightness in breathing

Options
  • 03-05-2016 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All, I've been vaping for quite a few years now but of late I've been finding that I am wheezing and coughing a lot and have a tightness in my breathing. I've tried various different bands and higher VG%. Has anyone else had problems like this? I use menthol flavor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I'd say your first port of call would be your GP to rule out any other physical issue.

That said... Have you changed in your vaping habits at all recently? New device, juice etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 murroe

been to GP, she said to give up vaping.... haven't changed device but have tried liquids with 80% vg, i'm now wondering would it be the PG that's causing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

The general idea with vg + pg is that there is nothing left in your lungs and it is all absorbed and used by the body.

Unfortunately all those years of smoking can still take there toll as the body ages and we are all susceptible to these effects even after giving up.

If your breathing is not improving ask your doctor to have you sent for a lung xray.

Also stop vaping for a few days to a week to see if this is effecting you.

thanks a million for the response

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

This is a piece I picked up from another forum,its worth your while researching this problem you have and maybe try some flavourless juice for a bit and see how you get on.

Quite the contrary Pikey.
    The chemicals in burning tobacco are mostly broncho and vaso constrictors which is the main reason why asthmatics and COPD sufferers can trigger attacks and exacerbations while smoking.
    Vasoconstriction is also the main cause of gum recession in smokers while it is the smaller airways, further down in the lungs which become constricted as they have no cartilege rings to support them and they eventually collapse.
    Chest tightness through vaping would be most likely caused by irritants in flavouring especially flavours such as menthols, cinnamon, aniseed, harsh tobacco flavours etc fuelled by higher nicotine throat hits.
    Most importantly, there is no chance of tars plugging our arteries or airways. It's more a case of identifying what we're sensitive to and adjusting our vaping habits and ingredients to suit our lifestyles.
    Lest we forget, we have all incurred some lung damage or other through our former pursuit which brought us to the vaping table in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

I was reacting to either the PG or the nicotine level - I reduced them both, and I've been fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Try stopping for a week or two, see how it goes? The only time I ever felt any side effect from vaping was when I was on very high nic [24mg] and over did it a bit. Felt a bit nauseous and dizzy. Over time I have dropped to 3mg, all high VG, and never get even the lightest cough.

that is so interesting about that irritants in flavoring, such as menthols, I've alway used Menthol and have been using stronger mint/menthol flavour for the last couple of months. I'l try a lighter blend with lower mg's of nicotine and a higher VG.
    Thank you all so much for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

murroe wrote: »
    Hi All, I've been vaping for quite a few years now but of late I've been finding that I am wheezing and coughing a lot and have a tightness in my breathing. I've tried various different bands and higher VG%. Has anyone else had problems like this? I use menthol flavor

I had all those symptoms you mentioned last month,I had to stop vaping for 4 weeks because it was making me cough more,my GP said it wasn't vaping causing this because my Brother doesn't smoke or vape & his coughing & wheezing lasted 7 weeks,so we both had the same bug.
    My GP said that I picked up a bug which he couldn't explain but it affected my lungs,so he gave me a few different pills to see if they would work but they didn't,then he gave me steroids for a week & that fixed me grand & got back to a good vape again.
    Not all GP's are good,mostly lucky if they cure:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Try unflavoured liquid for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement