Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone use cups any more ?

• 03-05-2016 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

For tea I mean ? Are they too small and impractical ? Saw a lovely set today in a charity shop today, but would they ever be used ? ,do others here use them ?☺

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Give me a mug o' tae. None of your little cups for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

They don't make cups like they used to. My mum's cups could hold as much as one of today's mugs. When I get a cup in a restaurant I'm usually disappointed at the little they hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I used them. I'm more of a coffee drinker so when I have a tea I often leave half the mug untouched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I don't think so anymore.

Little coffee cups (espresso) are lovely, but tea "sets" are gone largely now I think.

However, I always have my granny's china tea set on standby in case any of the maiden great aunties come to visit. They likes their tea in a china cup! It's rare nowadays though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I find most tea never tastes as good out of a thick-walled mug. My favourite type of cup to drink tea out of is the wide, rounded thin-walled cups. Often you see them in a set with a teapot where the teapot sits neatly on top of the cup, looks great and the cup makes the tea taste a lot more nuanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Kenz

OOhhh... I have about four different cups/mugs type vessels that I use, depending on the drink. Espresso cup in the morning, coffee "cup" when I want more than espresso shot, old stone mug for the cuppa irish tea, glass bodium mug for the likes of green, herbal or infusion teas... So yeah is the answer :O)

Advertisement