Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due to high usage of your eircom account, all services will be suspended

Options
  • 03-05-2016 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]I got this from eircom: [/font]
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]We've noticed that your eircom account usage is quite high. To avoid interruption of your eircom services, please contact us to make an advance payment.[/font]
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Due to high usage of your eircom account, all services will be suspended. A current payment of EUR38.47 is required to resume your services. Call us on 01 766 2506 or at 1800 601 701 for Business Customers.[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]How is this possible i have unlimited upload and download unless your going to contradict me in saying that unlimited is 100gb i will be furious if i have to pay extra and i will be cancelling my services???!!!![/font]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

That is bizarre, especially because it says eircom and not eir, after wasting €16m to drop 3 letters from their name you'd think they'd use the new name.

Are you sure that is eircom and not some scammer chancing their arm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

might be worth contacting eir about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The free phone number is eir.
    Suggest you ask the reps what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

Niemoj wrote: »
    That is bizarre, especially because it says eircom and not eir, after wasting €16m to drop 3 letters from their name you'd think they'd use the new name.

Are you sure that is eircom and not some scammer chancing their arm?
    That's what I though initially (as received a lot of phishing emails lately) but the phone numbers seem ok as far as I can say... 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Have I gone crazy or is the OP posting something that was posted 2 years ago on Eir/eircom's forum.. it's practically the same post...

What???

https://community.eir.ie/broadband-25/message-for-eircom-usage-quite

PeWu79 wrote: »
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]We've noticed that your eircom account usage is quite high. To avoid interruption of your eircom services, please contact us to make an advance payment.[/font]
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]Due to high usage of your eircom account, all services will be suspended. A current payment of EUR38.47 is required to resume your services. Call us on 01 766 2506 or at 1800 601 701 for Business Customers.[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]How is this possible i have unlimited upload and download unless your going to contradict me in saying that unlimited is 100gb i will be furious if i have to pay extra and i will be cancelling my services???!!!![/font]

Look at the screenshot from 2 years ago, same post.. What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Glitch in the matrix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

simdan wrote: »
    Look at the screenshot from 2 years ago, same post.. What's going on?

Welcome to the Twilight Zone friend :)

Rackstar wrote:
    Glitch in the matrix

Lol
    Niemoj wrote:
    Welcome to the Twilight Zone friend

The OP is just bringing an old story back to life. Pretty bad really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Maybe they work for Tesco mobile and are trying to divert attention away from then? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi perry stanley,

Thanks for getting in touch. Is there a mobile attached to your account?
    Please feel free to PM me the account number and I'll take a look into this.

-Pamela 

simdan wrote: »
    Have I gone crazy or is the OP posting something that was posted 2 years ago on Eir/eircom's forum.. it's practically the same post...

What???

https://community.eir.ie/broadband-25/message-for-eircom-usage-quite
    I was looking for similar issues before i posted mine here.
    Found and exact one so it was much quicker for me to do copy-paste action insted of typing it all (on mobile) 

Is this that hard??? 

Screenshot is mine! 

Hi perry stanley,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, 

PM sent. Thank you 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,537 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is a scam, I got one too, recently. 

Hi perry stanley,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, 

PM sent. Thank you 
    Thanks PeWu79,

I have replied.

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

My father received one of those texts yesterday!  No contact number just " We've noticed that your eircom account usage is quite high. To avoid interruption of your eircom services, please contact us to make an advance payment"

Misguided1 wrote: »
    My father received one of those texts yesterday!  No contact number just " We've noticed that your eircom account usage is quite high. To avoid interruption of your eircom services, please contact us to make an advance payment"
    Hi Misguided1,

I would recommend advising your father to contact the customer care team on 1901.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Edmundy

Got this text today . only Eir now instead of eircom . guess they have not gone away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I just posted about this
    Is it a scam ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Edmundy wrote: »
    Got this text today . only Eir now instead of eircom  . guess they have not gone away
    Hi  Edmundy,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Usually, we would send a notification if you have exceeded the fair usage policy of 1TB of broadband usage.

If you would like me to look into this, can you please PM me your account number and full name?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Edmundy

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi  Edmundy,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Usually, we would send a notification if you have exceeded the fair usage policy of 1TB of broadband usage.

If you would like me to look into this, can you please PM me your account number and full name?

Thanks,
    Anna

Well thing is Anna , we are with Sky !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Edmundy wrote: »
    eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi  Edmundy,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks,
    Anna

Well thing is Anna , we are with Sky !
    If you have any services with eir you may receive this text message in regards to your bill not only for broadband usage.

If you have an eir account number can you please PM me your account number and full name and I would be more than happy to look into this further?

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement