Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JUNIOR CERT IS FIVE WEEKS AWAY

• 03-05-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hey im doing my jc this year and im really nervous . im a really good student who always does the homework given and i usually average 4 or 5 a's every christmas exam etc. but for the mocks i studied 8 days before and only got 3a's. anyway its may 3 and it starts june 8 and i havent started stdying so what should i do as i feel its too late , thanks in advance :[

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

ONLY GOT 3A's i barely even got 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Rule 1: calm da feck.

Loads of time. Use Study timetable, eat well, get sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 unknown user123

thanks for responding but can anyone give me tips in studying because i can never just sit down and do the work .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,670 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

thanks for responding but can anyone give me tips in studying because i can never just sit down and do the work .

Get someone like your mother to take away everything from you that would be a source of "fun" to you, i.e. video games, computers etc. You will only be given it back when you have done your study. Since your stuff is taken from you then you have no chance but to study.

can anyone tell me how i should study for science im not sure what to do . i went from a b to a c for my mock so please help thanks

• Advertisement

smartboyz wrote: »
    ONLY GOT 3A's i barely even got 1

are you doing your jc this year?
    if so how are you studying science because im not sure how to?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

If you've been getting consistent B's,I'd keep going with what you were doing.Our science mocks,for example,were corrected by someone just looking to take marks from us. Answers that were even in the official JC marking scheme weren't given any marks! So you could have just had bad luck with markers

If you've been getting consistent B's,I'd keep going with what you were doing.Our science mocks,for example,were corrected by someone just looking to take marks from us. Answers that were even in the official JC marking scheme weren't given any marks! So you could have just had bad luck with markers

yeah because we send ours away so maybe youre right , thanks

yes i am

i went from an a student in science to a d,because the examiner wasnt even bother to correct them properly.more than half of the stuff they correct wrong was right

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

smartboyz wrote:
    i went from an a student in science to a d,because the examiner wasnt even bother to correct them properly.more than half of the stuff they correct wrong was right

Not sure that helps the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

can anyone tell me how i should study for science im not sure what to do . i went from a b to a c for my mock so please help thanks

If you could get a revise wise book they are very good.

do exam papers and give it too your teacher to correct,this will show areas your lacking in and need to improve at.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,670 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I don't know what you're arguing with 3 a's for anyways. I only got 1 - CSPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juniorachiever

This tip is gonna save your life (Im doing my junior cert too).. Google ''JC learn''. Enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 VariousBuff

Well, I definetly relate to your story, I was always an a or b student but in the mocks I got a good few c's. But I wouldnt worry about that because I've been told and I've noticed that the mocks are alot harder than the actual thing.
    As for studying what I'm doing is taking 1-2 subjects a day and doing out notes for myself. It takes a lot of effort, but I do it on the computer and I find it easy enough. I usually play music without words, maybe the score from your favourite movie or something. Make sure that you dont have a tv on, that seriously affects me.
    Then the night before the exams Im taking my notes and revising. I have notes for Maths, Irish and Geography if you want them ? That should help you catch up a bit

Well, I definetly relate to your story, I was always an a or b student but in the mocks I got a good few c's. But I wouldnt worry about that because I've been told and I've noticed that the mocks are alot harder than the actual thing.
    As for studying what I'm doing is taking 1-2 subjects a day and doing out notes for myself. It takes a lot of effort, but I do it on the computer and I find it easy enough. I usually play music without words, maybe the score from your favourite movie or something. Make sure that you dont have a tv on, that seriously affects me.
    Then the night before the exams Im taking my notes and revising. I have notes for Maths, Irish and Geography if you want them ? That should help you catch up a bit

hi thanks for responding and if you could give the notes that would be great. ive done alot since i posted this so i feel much comfortable , eithe way id like extra notes thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 VariousBuff

That's great that you got loads done. If you PM me your email I'll send the notes on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

When you go into the exams, make sure you read the question properly. A silly number of people lose marks because they do not read the questions/instructions properly.

Advertisement