Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern v Atletico

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is a really enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

SlickRic wrote: »
    Some people say Alonso is past it.

He's been exemplary in controlling this; switching play and making Atletico's defence second guess the angle of the attack.

That and off the ball his positioning tonight has been nigh perfect, cutting off the channels for Atletico's out ball to the strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

CSF wrote: »
    I'm all for giving penalties like that but I don't think the away team would have been given it. Great save from Oblak.
    Atletico are cheating all the time, sooner or later they're bound to get caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Lewandowski goes down seriously easy... he was the same versus Ireland... total disgrace that night if i remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

TheCitizen wrote: »

And lewandowski diving twice, so also cheating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Most of the cheating I've seen in this game has been from Lewandowski to be fair, grabbing at set pieces is an ugly common place in football at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

The description is in the name. It's usually a straight pass forward that often breaks the opposition line.

Pretty stupid name in that case since vertical is in the direction of gravity.

Good game this so far. Both teams set out pretty much as expected. That Bayern goal should open it up a bit.

Good game this so far. Both teams set out pretty much as expected. That Bayern goal should open it up a bit.

Hmmm I'm not the creator of football terminology but it seems pretty self explanatory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lots of conventions are stupid but they are what they are. The coordinates is determined by a top down geometry of the pitch. Horizontal is parallel to goal line. Vertical is parallel to sideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

That was great, AM hanging on in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Strange game - I'd have said before KO that Atletico's midfield would have the upper hand but its Alonso/Vidal that have run the game, the away side dropped so far back so soon they've not found a way to claw their way back, Grizemann might as well be replaced by another defender or midfielder - they have to find away to get him into the game where he can do something.

Lewandowski is a spoofer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I called the goal as Alonso was lining up to take the free, sometimes I wonder would goalies be better off to reduce the size of the wall to give them a better chance of seeing the ball.

Atletico have to score (stating the obvious there) as I can't see them hanging on for another 45 and taking this all the way to penalties which they would probably accept right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I seriously dislike bayern, such an unlikeable bunch.

What is Rafinha at on the touchline, just get him some pom poms and be done with it, glorified cheerleader.

I'm really enjoying the game and the ref has been excellent to say the least.

Lawro needs to bound and gagged.

Most of the cheating I've seen in this game has been from Lewandowski to be fair, grabbing at set pieces is an ugly common place in football at this stage.
    Aye but Atletico are masters of the dark arts and of downright cheating. Bayern hopefully will have the strength of character to do us all a favour and put them out.

Aye but Atletico are masters of the dark arts and of downright cheating. Bayern hopefully will have the strength of character to do us all a favour and put them out.

From what I've seen Atleti are the neutral's choice so probably best not to speak for the masses.

• Advertisement

• Just showed lewandowski play acting again at half time

Disgraceful and not for the first time in his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lemon Dot Ski needs to stay on his feet.

From what I've seen Atleti are the neutral's choice so probably best not to speak for the masses.
    Are they? I doubt it. Perhaps you should stick to speaking for yourself.

Atletico don't have the ballboys cheating for them tonight, they'll miss their input.

Are they? I doubt it. Perhaps you should stick to speaking for yourself.

Atletico don't have the ballboys cheating for them tonight, they'll miss their input.

I'd be fairly confident that Atletico are the neutrals choice.

Hard to like Atletico . I want Real to win V Bayern .

• Advertisement

Yup but this guy is going to continue to argue whatever argument I'm not arguing. Tends to follow me around threads. Bit weird but sure look.

Yup but this guy is going to continue to argue whatever argument I'm not arguing. Tends to follow me around threads. Bit weird but sure look.
    Ha would ya look at what's talking, the "Atleti" fan.

The word for Bayern tonight is dynamic. They've been flawless, one missed penalty aside.

• The word for Bayern tonight is dynamic. They've been flawless, one missed penalty aside.

Flawless, bar the cheating from the striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Wow. Game needed that so bad.

YESSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Get in there😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Game well and truly on now. Bayern in huge trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

GET IN !!!!

• Oh yes Greizmann

Dynamic finish

• Advertisement

I would disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Offside and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The best ball of Nando's life and it's to a man 20 inches offside :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

looked offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The word for Bayern tonight is dynamic. They've been flawless, one missed penalty aside.

Ehm....

Horrific defending from Bayern.

Far too arrogant from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

That is how you finish one on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

163.gif

omega man wrote: »
    Offside and all

Definitely offside. Hard to kill a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Boom!!! What a counter attack, cracking finish.

Was he offside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Beautiful 1 2 between Griemann and Torres and an exquisite finish from the frenchman past the halpless Neuer.

I would disagree.

Did you see the way all the people of this thread were happy when Atletico scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Offside tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Great horizontal ball into Griezmann who uses sheer aura to will the ball past the second best goal keeper in the world

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Delighted.

Great vertical pass from Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Offside or not, where was the #sweeperkeeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Terrible mistake from the linesman, he should have flagged for offside. Could and I think will prove costly.

Edit: On another view, maybe he wasn't offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Very cool finish, makes things even more interesting.

Great ball by Torres
    Hard to call that offside in open play, even in replay there is a question..

• Advertisement
Advertisement