Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bayern v Atletico

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Pep Guardiola at Bayern: Average at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well I for one am actually glad (and I'm no fan of their cave man of a manager)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

GET IN :D HAHA PEP :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Peps time at bayern a failure ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Good riddance Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yesssss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Get in, so much spirit in this team. Bayern were great but Atletico managed to do just enough. Feel for Bayern. They really did show up and give everything.

Atleticos passing was poor enough tonight but their spirit and work rate cannot be faulted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well done Atletico, i have such admiration for that team. Simeone has done a super job and turned them into such a formidable outfit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Glad Bayern knocked out but I hope Real beat these in the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ex man city man Savic on to see it out.

He was great for Fiorentina tbh.
    Ah on yer bike Mr. Peanut.
    Juve should have beat you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I really can't stand Guardiola but I really can't stand Simeone either so I'm not sure what to feel right now!

I think I'm happier that Guardiola lost. I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Brilliant tie one of the great Euopean ties for tension across the 2 legs.

Carrasco is very lucky Bayern didn't score from that last attack.

What a game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Yes!!!!!!!! What a win. Simeone hammering the final nail into Pep's failure coffin at Bayern.
    He should go to Celtic next to guarantee himself a few more titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a game that was. Not the biggest fan of the way athletico but by god I hope they win the comp now.
    The desire and work ethitic is phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Delighted for Torres too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

HARD TO WISH THEM WELL
    Rotten team to watch
    Over two legs they offered nothing going forward
    They go through on what maybe a goal that should not have stood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Cya Pepi. Great game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ah the long ball, such a lynchpin of the beautiful game :)

Another season of underachievement for Pep, Simeone is some headcase.

Atletico certainly deserve to be in the final over the two legs.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What a horrible cheating boring team. Hate to see a team like that win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great game of football for the neutral, had everything.

Pep fails again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lolz at the Pep hatred. Lads does you not have more important things to hate? :pac:

Great game that. Thought Coman/Muller were very poor. Coman been great all season every time I saw him. Atletico defensively still a tight unit. But my god awful w*nkers, would hope they beat Madrid should they get them in the Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

HARD TO WISH THEM WELL
    Rotten team to watch
    Over two legs they offered nothing going forward
    They go through on what maybe a goal that should not have stood

Nothing going forward but scored the same amount of goals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

But....but .....I thought guardiola invented this football thing

• Advertisement

Simeone is a pure legend.He must be an unbelievable manager to play for.

niallo27 wrote: »

There wasn't that much cheating. I think people are just working off a narrative. Atletico killed no more time than anyone defending a lead against a team as good as Bayern.

The running down of Pep is a bit sad too.

• monkey9 wrote: »
    Simeone's great craic to watch on the sidelines.

Serious passion

It reminds me of your buddy Klopp

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Fair play to AM, nobody works harder. That was one crazy good match. It had a bit of everything, very entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lolz at the Pep hatred. Lads does you not have more important things to hate? :pac:

No. Football is life. Nothing is more important.

The census lady knocked at the door in the 93rd minute. She was left waiting until the final whistle.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

FERNANDO TORRES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great game well done atletico.

The overrated one has been found out again, he has failed at bayern there is no way of sugar coating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It was amusing that Bayern scored with a goal that could have been from a Pulis side.

As for Guardiola, yes his time has been a flop - winning the Bundesliga is a given, its the CL that really matters for FC Hollywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

IIRC Pep side knocked out all the 3 times by Spanish sides. Real Madrid, Barca and now Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

As absolutely horrible it must be to play or watch your team play against Atletico, love the fact that they're getting the absolute maximum out of themselves and play on the absolute limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Athletico remind me of that horrible Chelsea team wish them all the luck Chelsea got in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

AIG, I really hope you're up for Villarreal on Thursday! Been a kiss of death so far for all the flawless, dynamic, vertically pivoting teams so far this season :p

I do. Leicester City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    IIRC Pep side knocked out all the 3 times by Spanish sides. Real Madrid, Barca and now Atletico.

Sounds about right Giggsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Atletico were blessed. They have a great spirit in their team, but you need to be an Atletico fan to like them in my view. I doubt they'll win the final especially if it's against Real Madrid. They've used up all their luck I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Utterly chuffed with that, Carrasco was a hero, didn't know that he was a Belgian.

Hope they win their first european cup now, they're definitely favourites in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Bayern beat Atletico's passing rate by a ratio of 5:1 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Obviously disappointed with the result but you can't fault Atletico. They punch above their weight, their defensive structure and counter attack are amongst the very best in the world. My hate is reserved for the sport itself, that a team can waste the eye-watering amount of time that Atletico did in the first half and there are no negative consequences, that's a sport that is flawed. When a referee can give the kind of penalty decision that he did to Atletico in such a massive game, that's a sport with a flawed officiating process. You can't hate Atletico, they simply expose the flaws in how the game is managed. I think every fan has a pet hate in football, for some it's feigning injury, for some it's diving, for some it's crowding the referee, for me it's time wasting that I hate more than anything because it's something that seems to go entirely unpunished and entirely under the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

niallo27 wrote: »

Over the course of these 2 legs from wanting Athletico to win at the start - now I´m disgusted they won.

Now I could watch them as a complete neutral and not just the hatred of Barca clouding my view.
    Finally I can see what a boring cheating choke the life out of a game team they are.

Real are f*cked , UEFA won't want an all Spanish final.

This tie was worthy of a final IMO. No shame in defeat for an excellent Bayern side. IMO put up more of a fight than Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

rob316 wrote: »
    Great game well done atletico.

The overrated one has been found out again, he has failed at bayern there is no way of sugar coating it.

Shtty comment. Bayern were very unlucky tonight, did everything against a team that are set up to defend and counter.

CSF wrote: »
    There wasn't that much cheating. I think people are just working off a narrative. Atletico killed no more time than anyone defending a lead against a team as good as Bayern.

Lewandowski is a diving bastard too so I really have no sympathy for Bayern. They have their monopoly in Germany and seem to have first dabs on any potential talent from the other clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Atletico can be ugly to watch at times but you have to admire their determination and focus, and above all, their total commitment.. Their ability to defend is superb.

And they always seem to give games filled with tension and excitement.

I think that most teams would do what they do defensively if they could. Lets not kid ourselves that other teams wouldn't be cynical too if they were 10 minutes away from a Champions League final.

Over the course of these 2 legs from wanting Athletico to win at the start - now I´m disgusted they won.

Now I could watch them as a complete neutral and not just the hatred of Barca clouding my view.
    Finally I can see what a boring cheating choke the life out of a game team they are.

Real are f*cked , UEFA won't want an all Spanish final.

What was the cheating? I didn't see much. Most of the diving was Lewandowski like.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

Agreed on both points.

Great post

Advertisement