Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Case: The World's Thinnest iPhone Battery Case

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Rambo wrote: »
    Will be finish soon

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/air-case-the-world-s-thinnest-iphone-battery-case--2/x/13864471#/

I have order this looks great
    beats the original Apple IPHONE battery case

Very tempted. Shame its only available in Aug. I'd hold off till they launch the 7 before I got one though. although With the rumours of the iPhone 7 being the same size and shape as the 6s/6s, could be worth the gamble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea, the launch of the 7 is what would hold me back from this. It does look good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Looks brill and they have one for the 6 Plus.. but i'm waiting for the 7. Shame.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

smash wrote: »
    Yea, the launch of the 7 is what would hold me back from this. It does look good though.
    fifth wrote: »
    Looks brill and they have one for the 6 Plus.. but i'm waiting for the 7. Shame.

Current rumours put the 7 at the same dimensions as the current 6/6S.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kceire wrote: »
    Current rumours put the 7 at the same dimensions as the current 6/6S.

But it's a rumour, same as there are rumours that there will be a thinner phone as headphone jack is being removed. We just have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The only rumours I've seen suggest it will be the same height and width but thinner.

If the iPhone 7 is the exact same dimensions as the 6/6s, then Apple can't call it the iPhone 7 and will have to call it the iPhone 6ss or 6se. If they are switching to a tick-tock-tock strategy, this would be the honest way of doing it. But with the way iPhone sales are currently perceived this is not possible. It has to be called the "iPhone 7" and it has to be slightly thinner or something to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I'd be hopeful for a larger screen. If it's the same H&W as the current 6S I'm sure Apple can better utilise the wasted space on the bezel and give us a bigger display. Far too much unused real estate on current models when compared to non-Apple handsets. Even sub €100 handsets with very similar form factor have much larger displays than apples current offering on the 6/6S.

Removing the 3.5mm headphone jack? Jasus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

dodzy wrote: »
    I'd be hopeful for a larger screen. If it's the same H&W as the current 6S I'm sure Apple can better utilise the wasted space on the bezel and give us a bigger display. Far too much unused real estate on current models when compared to non-Apple handsets. Even sub €100 handsets with very similar form factor have much larger displays than apples current offering on the 6/6S.

The way to do that is to make the Plus smaller. Looking at how well the SE is selling, the 6s is already too big for a lot of people. I think their goal will be to make the form factor smaller while keeping the screen the same. But they probably can't do anything about that until they can integrate Touch ID into the display and eliminate the home button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

so..... did anyone actually get their's yet?

months later, i've heard nothing from them...

Advertisement