Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People from Limerick

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Clareman wrote: »
    There was a ban issued for that, normally it would have been deleted but people don't always like that.

Also, humour can be subjective and some people may take offence at the word gowl hence the warning.

Devils Advocate - I think far, far, more people from Limerick would be offended by a reference to stab city than being called a gowl Clareman.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Red King wrote: »
    Devils Advocate - I think far, far, more people from Limerick would be offended by a reference to stab city than being called a gowl Clareman.

I agree, but all I did was put up a warning for other posters, 1 didn't head it an action was taken, normally I would have deleted the post but that can lead to a lot of upset people so I left it up.

In regards to people taking offence, I realize this but all it takes is 1 person to take offence for action to be taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Limerick people = Easily offended?
    Doesn't quite trip off the tongue like the previous suggestions, I'll grant you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Jeez someone posts calling people from Limerick "lady parts" and I think I apply some common sense by letting it slide and issuing a warning to other posters, I thought that'd be the end of it not the main talking point of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

TBH I think it was more the fact that a reference to "Stab City" appeared to be acceptable than "Gowls" that annoyed some people.
    I know you have said that a Ban was handed out for this but there was no mention of this Ban until there was a comparison made between the two Posts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement