Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 4S only rings for 10 seconds.

Options
  • 03-05-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Forgive me if this had already been covered in this thread, I have looked and cannot find a similar post. As the title suggests my phone only rings for 10 seconds before going to voicemail. My husband has the same type of phone and his rings indefinitely. I've searched my settings and looked on YouTube but all to no avail. A YouTube guy has a video with codes to be dialled but it's not worked. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Forgive me if this had already been covered in this thread, I have looked and cannot find a similar post. As the title suggests my phone only rings for 10 seconds before going to voicemail. My husband has the same type of phone and his rings indefinitely. I've searched my settings and looked on YouTube but all to no avail. A YouTube guy has a video with codes to be dialled but it's not worked. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

You can try your mobile operator, I think they can set the ring length on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Cheers for that, could be a very simple solution, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Changing your ring time before a call diverts
    You can change your ringing time on your phone from 5 seconds up to 30 seconds (20 seconds in the default).
    On your mobile:

1. Type **61*(number to divert to)**(ringing duration in seconds)#
    2. Press Call or Send.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

1. Open the phone app and dial *#61# on the Keypad. Press the Call button.

2. Locate this text on the screen: "Setting Interrogation Succeeded, Voice Call Forwarding, When Unanswered, Forwards to +" and record the 11-digit number after the + symbol.

3. Touch the Dismiss button. Now enter this code on the Keypad: *61*+ followed by the 11-digit Forwards to number recorded in step 2, followed by *11 and *ringtime#. Ringtime is the number of seconds you want your iPhone to ring before voicemail picks up. Your finished code should look something like this:

*61*+18555513466*11*30#

In the example above the ring time is set to 30 seconds. Press the Call button.

4. You should receive the message: Setting Activation Succeeded. Press Dismiss and next time you receive a call it will ring for the new amount of time before going to voicemail.

Advertisement