Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Mod Edit : Nope.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Guys, this isn't a gossip column. You should not be discussing people's personal information, presumed or otherwise, here. I've deleted a couple of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If anyone here is/was into The Prodigy, Leeroy Thornhill is DJing in Hayes's at the Féile Classical after party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Edit: One more nope

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Mod Edit : Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Guys, I'll be clear. Stop naming people. If you want to gossip about named people, do it elsewhere. I'll be handing out free holidays from the Tipp forum for any more of this.

Jimmy Mac was found dead near the Garda station apparently. I don’t know if this is true or not

Jimmy Mac was found dead near the Garda station apparently. I don’t know if this is true or not

‘‘Tis true. Lord have mercy on his poor soul. I saw him outside Tesco on Thursday and he was very very poorly. He survived all that frost and ice but the heatwave was too much . All his troubles are over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

splinter65 wrote: »
    ‘‘Tis true. Lord have mercy on his poor soul. I saw him outside Tesco on Thursday and he was very very poorly. He survived all that frost and ice but the heatwave was too much . All his troubles are over.

is that 40 coats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Yip thats 40coats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Peace to his gentle soul.
    There but for the grace of God go any of us.

To thine own self be true

Ah no :( I heard about that but I didn't believe it. RIP.

I heard another report that he wasn't dead but was taken away in an ambulance. Honestly hope he's not dead.

I have it on good authority that he’s not dead. He was taken to clonmel in an ambulance suffering from heatstroke. He is under heavy sedation in order to keep him there at least until the heatwave passes.

I have it on good authority that he’s not dead. He was taken to clonmel in an ambulance suffering from heatstroke. He is under heavy sedation in order to keep him there at least until the heatwave passes.

Well I never! Just goes to show you how a rumour can get out of hand....

splinter65 wrote: »
    Well I never! Just goes to show you how a rumour can get out of hand....

Thurles ;)

Anyone know what’s going on here. 1989 Corrolla parked up for years. Gone 3 weeks ago and comes back crushed?

CEX gone from the shopping centre

Moved elsewhere or closed down altogether?

Moved elsewhere or closed down altogether?

Looks like they've pulled out. Tbh it never looked like it was doing any business.

The same phones on the shelf for example Nokia N8 there over a year.

Sony DVI monitor in window almost 2 years.

500gb hard drives pulled from Sky HD boxes they got scammed with.

About 20 Lidl Silvercrest power banks for a lot more than they were sold at Lidl.

iPad screen protector that was bought in nearby Eurogiant(euro2) that cost €1 a few years irrc for €4

The Asus keyboard that would only fit a certain model of Asus (windows 8 RT) tablet.

The two projectors that were there over a year.

PS2 webcams for 50c

Xbox Kinnect cameras

I can go on for days.

• Advertisement

I sold them a Galaxy S6 about a year ago (for good money) that was still there about a month ago. Good business model in theory but obviously not in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Think there was a flood from a burst pipe. They had to close for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Yeah there was a leak from a pipe at or above the Cinema which ruined all of their stock. Reborn store affected also.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

I do enjoy shopping at the Thurles Shopping Centre. Its nice and like reborn store. Hope they are not too much affected by the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Harcrid wrote: »
    Yeah there was a leak from a pipe at or above the Cinema which ruined all of their stock. Reborn store affected also.

Howvall their stock was affected is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Did supervalu make any improvements to the store yet or is it still rundown?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Harcrid wrote: »

Is that why the ceiling outside Born looks like it's missing a big chunk?

To thine own self be true

Did supervalu make any improvements to the store yet or is it still rundown?

Nope, it’s the exact same as it’s always been.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Anyone know what’s going on here. 1989 Corrolla parked up for years. Gone 3 weeks ago and comes back crushed?

dont know . but its still there

• Advertisement

Reasons explained in pm by splinter. Forgot to thank him/her. Best not to republish on here.

Advertisement