Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

any word on 40 coats. is he alright again. i havnt seen him around

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

any word on 40 coats. is he alright again. i havnt seen him around

I think they’re keeping him in clonmel hospital for his own good. Can’t see them letting him out knowing that he’s going to be on the streets again. Same thing that happened with his brother terry. He’s been in the hospital of the assumption since he first went in years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Did anyone hear anything from the ESB about outages here in Thurles?

Electricity was gone in my work this morning. Came back about 20 minutes ago.

Apparently it was down to a fallen tree somewhere around Holycross.

Electricity was gone in my work this morning. Came back about 20 minutes ago.

Apparently it was down to a fallen tree somewhere around Holycross.

Thanks for that, yeah it came back around ten to one. I’m useless when the leccy goes out , I nearly rang the county home to come and collect me.
    I’m 53....

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, yeah it came back around ten to one. I’m useless when the leccy goes out , I nearly rang the county home to come and collect me.
    I’m 53....

:D

What I always find is that it's only when it goes that we realise just how dependent we are on it!

What's the story with pr Reilly's . When did they close

They closed about a week ago I think. I'm from across the road and I only ever saw the employees' cars outside along with a few dodgy looking cars for sale. Any time I've been in there I've been the only customer and each time I've had to go down to Murphy & Ryan to get what I was after because Reillys didn't have it and couldn't get it.

It's surprising because I once actually ended up getting special tape on the team.ie website.

They closed about a week ago I think. I'm from across the road and I only ever saw the employees' cars outside along with a few dodgy looking cars for sale. Any time I've been in there I've been the only customer and each time I've had to go down to Murphy & Ryan to get what I was after because Reillys didn't have it and couldn't get it.

It's surprising because I once actually ended up getting special tape on the team.ie website.

its a shame to see that building empty again.

it strange that they couldnt make a go of it. they had the best position of all the motor factors.
    there was never anyone in there the few times i was in there.

murphy and ryan really stepped up their game . fair play to them. always 3-4 customers in there at the counter

IMO the personal interaction in Murphy and Ryan was way beyond that in Team. In Team it was like as though you were annoying them when they had to "order" something in for you.

I know M&R have just recently upgraded their whole place but it would be great to see them in where Reillys were. There's even a bit more parking right outside the place than where they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Work still ongoing the other day Longs newsagents. Wonder what’s opening there

there was builders/decorators working the other night in the former Sue Ryder shop/euro shop Slievenamon road. Haven’t been in Thurles since Wednesday so I don’t know if anything has opened there yet. It looked like they were in a hurry to get it painted

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Nothing but camper vans, caravans & mini buses passing the house all day going towards Thurles - seems like a big crowd are heading to the Feile!

How much tickets were sold does anyone know? I know Saturday is sold out but still seems to be tickets for sale for today/tonight.

Unfortunately not as many people as 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

its a shame to see that building empty again.

it strange that they couldnt make a go of it. they had the best position of all the motor factors.
    there was never anyone in there the few times i was in there.

murphy and ryan really stepped up their game . fair play to them. always 3-4 customers in there at the counter

Thurles is thankfully one of the remaining places in Ireland where visibility matters less than word of mouth. M&Rs could have been fifteen miles down the back from PR and people - myself included - would still go to M&Rs regardless. They're just better tbh.

its great to see that people stayed going to M&R . i cant fault M%R at all. great bunch of guys.

it was a ****ty thing moving in infront of M%R like that. very bad form

its great to see that people stayed going to M&R . i cant fault M%R at all. great bunch of guys.

it was a ****ty thing moving in infront of M%R like that. very bad form

And it was never, ever going to work in Thurles :D
    If anything, it probably generated a little more custom for M&Rs out of spite!

Unfortunately not as many people as 1994

Not as many tickets released though. I'm hoping that this will kick it off again and they'll get the likes of The Prodigy back again. this one is a different set up, geared towards the people who would have gone to the old ones as kids but are in their 40s now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Signs up in Reunion windows that an Indian restaurant is opening soon.

To thine own self be true

Signs up in Reunion windows that an Indian restaurant is opening soon.

Well I wonder is that one of the other Indians going to move in there? I can’t see there being room for a 3rd Indian around the town.
    I’d love if there was a place with a good atmosphere and a bit of music playing where you could get steak and chips and garlic mushrooms or chicken Kiev etc
    Neither hayses or the anner have anything going for them. Mitchel House atmosphere is terrible, the proprietor is like a black cloud stalking around the place you feel if your not from the business class set that he’s looking down his nose at you.
    The arch bar is good during the day but limited menu. Noel Ryan’s is only ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

splinter65 wrote: »
    Well I wonder is that one of the other Indians going to move in there? I can’t see there being room for a 3rd Indian around the town.
    I’d love if there was a place with a good atmosphere and a bit of music playing where you could get steak and chips and garlic mushrooms or chicken Kiev etc
    Neither hayses or the anner have anything going for them. Mitchel House atmosphere is terrible, the proprietor is like a black cloud stalking around the place you feel if your not from the business class set that he’s looking down his nose at you.
    The arch bar is good during the day but limited menu. Noel Ryan’s is only ok.

They're really nice staff in Stars of India.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Anyone else at the Féile over the weekend? I went on Saturday night for a while and caught The Stunning. Not my type of music at all but my God it was magical. They were brilliant and the vibe there was unreal.

I'm really hoping it stays going!

Lidl Erin foods. Hoping McDonalds that was planned for there is built too on the 6 acres. Whilst I’m not a fast food eater I do love their reasonably priced coffee and long opening hours. I think we can all agree a McDonalds would pull people off the N62 that would otherwise pass through.

Lidl Erin foods. Hoping McDonalds that was planned for there is built too on the 6 acres. Whilst I’m not a fast food eater I do love their reasonably priced coffee and long opening hours. I think we can all agree a McDonalds would pull people off the N62 that would otherwise pass through.

I'll be as fat as **** :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Saw plans on the paper earlier existing store into a warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 54,322 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im delighted Erin Foods site is finally getting developed but the traffic will be even worse in this town now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Anyone else at the Féile over the weekend? I went on Saturday night for a while and caught The Stunning. Not my type of music at all but my God it was magical. They were brilliant and the vibe there was unreal.

I'm really hoping it stays going!

Yep, was there on Saturday too, attempting to relive my youth (or mid 20s as it could also be termed :pac:).

Surpassed my expectations really, one band that I could normally take or leave really impressed me so that was an added bonus.

Yeah, there was a really special atmosphere and some unexpected emotion too. I found myself shedding a tear or two during The 4 OF US' set. What's this? Old memories flooding back? The strings of the orchestra? The drink? Our young camogie players superb achievement earlier that day? A combination of all those elements, maybe, who knows? My wife didn't notice but I said it to her in the car on the way home and she said she'd shed a few tears too!

My only gripe would be the layout of the stage in relation to the audience on the left and right hand sides of the stands but the pitch invasion resolved that to my satisfaction :D

I've been told by a very reliable source that it'll be back for 2019 and 2020. The deal was 3 years of it if at all :D

Hopefully next year it’ll be big international acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Great news that Lidl are moving to the old Erin food site, but what's being done with their current premises? Or will their be two Lidl's in the town?

• Advertisement

Lidl are using it as a storage facility.

Advertisement