Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thurles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Heatons are planning to extend the store upstairs. Most likely renamed SportsDirect. They may close temporarily as I believe there’ll be an lift installed too. Plans submitted to NTCC

That’s interesting. Never could stand that Heatons. Not a customer friendly place at all. Wish I could remember what was there before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

I had to pass through Thurles today. Has anyone noticed the duck family on the mall?
    Literally the parents and their babies crossing over and back the road outside Lar na Pairce.
    Traffic had to stop and swerve them.
    They're going to get killed.

You must’ve been close to me in traffic. They crossed in front of my car outside Lar an Pairce and a woman following them trying to get them off the road. And I thought it only happened in movies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Murt102 wrote: »
    You must’ve been close to me in traffic. They crossed in front of my car outside Lar an Pairce and a woman following them trying to get them off the road. And I thought it only happened in movies!

I was visiting someone in the town and she heard they've been there a few days.
    Weird sight but still you'd be sad to see them get squashed.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

splinter65 wrote: »
    That’s interesting. Never could stand that Heatons. Not a customer friendly place at all. Wish I could remember what was there before ?

Woolworths

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eye95

Whats the story with the roadworks out by Dunnes?
    How far out are they going? They seem to be stuck in the one section for the last two weeks! Traffic is a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Eye95 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the roadworks out by Dunnes?
    How far out are they going? They seem to be stuck in the one sectiofor the last two weeks! Traffic is a disaster.

Not sure. But it's until the 23 may

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eye95

Not sure. But it's until the 23 may

Cutting it fine with Tipp v Cork on the 27th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Supervalu confirmed for the old L&N.. hope it has a bakery/deli as good as the one in Grange in Cork

Gig announcement for thurles...bets on a country music gig

Supervalu confirmed for the old L&N.. hope it has a bakery/deli as good as the one in Grange in Cork

I don’t think McKevitt will be running it. I think Musgraves own that building apparently and the lease is up or something one of the workers was saying. So it’ll be SuperValu (again)

I’ll miss the “Thurles milk” branded cheddar cheese they sell there. It’s made in Newmarket Co Cork. €2.15 a block so if you haven’t tried it, it’ll probably be the last chance to in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

I don’t think McKevitt will be running it. I think Musgraves own that building apparently and the lease is up or something one of the workers was saying. So it’ll be SuperValu (again)

I’ll miss the “Thurles milk” branded cheddar cheese they sell there. It’s made in Newmarket Co Cork. €2.15 a block so if you haven’t tried it, it’ll probably be the last chance to in the next few weeks.

McKevitts sold the premises to a franchisee from up the Country who is running it under the SuperValu Brand.

They will only onto a certain percentage of local products from small suppliers like all SuperValus do, capped at a percentage so have to pick what they want and don't want to stock anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Got that text today, Tipp FM & Ian Dempsey (Today FM) are announcing it between 8 and 9 tomorrow morning and it’s to be on in September.

Hope it’s some reincarnation of the Feile Trip to Tipp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Good stuff. Hard to get excited about a handful of MOR Irish bands that haven't done anything for 20+ years but better than another bloody C+W festival.

In fairness they were never going to get a big name act. If anything its appears to be a tester to show the powers that be that the town could well host concerts. Something thr county needs to get behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

All the hotels booked up. Any one have a good b&b details for the 22nd September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭mikep

roroliam wrote: »
    All the hotels booked up. Any one have a good b&b details for the 22nd September
    Try the Horse and Jockey hotel, although you will need a taxi back out after gig..

Booked out also.

Inch house or try Templemore Arms.

Templemore arms also booked out

Got sorted. Now have to get the tickets. Time to relive my youth. Looking forward to An Emotional Fish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Wow tickets are flying out the door, only single tickets left now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

http://tippfm.com/news/lit-thurles-will-home-new-tennis-facility/

Looks great, tennis facilities in the Thurles area were historically poor, this looks like a fantastic project.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

whats happening with the tara. are they gone again. there is a for rent sign in the window

whats happening with the tara. are they gone again. there is a for rent sign in the window

Gone again. The roadworks that plagued the town gave them a very bad start. There was a row between the 2 proprietors before they even opened and one pulled out leaving some debts (before they even opened!)
    There’s no where really to park.
    Closed at 5.
    When is SuperValue opening?

Supervalu semi opened. Signs gone up. Supervalu own brand on shelves but god do they need to spend a lot of money on it..went in there the other day looking for something from the food academy range and left without getting anything.. there was a disgusting urine type smell down one of the rows.

Supervalu semi opened. Signs gone up. Supervalu own brand on shelves but god do they need to spend a lot of money on it..went in there the other day looking for something from the food academy range and left without getting anything.. there was a disgusting urine type smell down one of the rows.

Some price increases (20%+) too on the way when Mckevitts (£Uk sourced stock) is all sold off.
    That’s what stopped me doing full shops in both of their stores years ago. He’d import 7up, Diet Coke etc from the U.K. and sell it for €2.40 a bottle. Paper label= Irish, clear = UK

splinter65 wrote: »
    Gone again. The roadworks that plagued the town gave them a very bad start. There was a row between the 2 proprietors before they even opened and one pulled out leaving some debts (before they even opened!)
    There’s no where really to park.
    Closed at 5.
    When is SuperValue opening?
    Tara needs a total facelift. The floor plan is all higgeldy piggledy. The display area and counter could be revamped. If the internal half wall was knocked it would make a big difference.
    I haven't been in there for a few years but I remember having lunch there one Christmas eve with a family member and being very underwhelmed.
    What's going into the old Roly's Bistro?

The place never had either a refit or even a good proper clean for years.
    It needs a complete refurbishment. I was assuming it would be closed for a few weeks?
    Is Kevin McKevitt finished in there so?

where is old rolys bistro

• Advertisement

where is old rolys bistro

The place on the corner across from Bowes pub.

Advertisement