Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying with computer parts

Options
  • 03-05-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

So..... I'll be flying to Canada shortly. Planning to bring the CPU (3.4GHz 15-4670K), RAM (8GB), GFX (GeForce GTX 760) card and 2 SSDs (120GB and 500GB) with me, as they're grand for what I need, and will mean I'll have to buy less over there before I get up and running gaming wise again. All but the SSD's were bought December 2013.

I plan to put it all into various static proof bags into my checked-in luggage, but wondering has anyone done it before, any hints they have, etc? Shall be bringing DSLR camera + lenses with me in a camera bag for checked in, but not sure should I put the computer parts in checked-in, or carry-on?

Comments

Advertisement