Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junior cert study plan 99% sure i'll fail

Options
  • 03-05-2016 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

So I really need to start studying all subjects. I just finished my art project yesterday, it was a slow process I wasn't too proud of it. I had a study plan a couple of weeks ago. At first I functioned pretty well with it. Then I would miss one day and be like oh I can do whatever I didn't do yesterday today. This continued for a week or so before the work piled up so much that I gave up. But now that all my projects are finished I'm ready to start studying, but I don't know where to start? They tell me to make a study plan but I don't have a clue, and honestly in my pre's I borderline failed several subjects.Has anyone got one they made for themselves I can see or would be willing to make me one?
    My subjects:
    Maths(h), English(h) Irish(h) French(h) History(h) CSPE, geography(h) Religion(h) Homec(h)

I am terrible at maths, french, geography, Irish and maths again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

So I really need to start studying all subjects. I just finished my art project yesterday, it was a slow process I wasn't too proud of it. I had a study plan a couple of weeks ago. At first I functioned pretty well with it. Then I would miss one day and be like oh I can do whatever I didn't do yesterday today. This continued for a week or so before the work piled up so much that I gave up. But now that all my projects are finished I'm ready to start studying, but I don't know where to start? They tell me to make a study plan but I don't have a clue, and honestly in my pre's I borderline failed several subjects.Has anyone got one they made for themselves I can see or would be willing to make me one?
    My subjects:
    Maths(h), English(h) Irish(h) French(h) History(h) CSPE, geography(h) Religion(h) Homec(h)

I can't eat anymore into my study time to make another one for you. The key thing to making one is to take each subject step by step. Some nights you can do two chapters in a subject instead of just 1? However, if it's a huge chapter like Population in Geography or Insurance in Business then do 1 chapter! For Irish, you can learn from my threads on studyclix easily. CSPE - you needn't study for - just know current affairs like who's the president. English hasn't got much to study so you'd be mostly grand with that (just remember that it is a very subjective subject i.e. opinions on your answers - each person is different on opinions and every examiner will mark English different). For French, keep studying a vocabulary topic list certain nights - or each night if you like. Then towards exam time in June, study your letter / note / postcard phrases. For Maths, just take one chapter at a time and practice a few questions on each chapter. Start off with an easy question and then make it harder and harder as you go - Less Stress More Success is very useful for this - it shows how hard a question is with a number of calculators (1 calculator = very easy, 5 calculators = extremely difficult).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My subjects:

Are they all your subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irishpisces123

Yeah that's all of my subjects yeah haha Okay I am so screwed right now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Yeah that's all of my subjects yeah haha Okay I am so screwed right now though.

Your not screwed, you just need to relax and study each night and you'll ace the JC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Your not screwed, you just need to relax and study each night and you'll ace the JC

These days I don't study :pac:. I always find a way to get a pass or an honour no matter what.

• Advertisement
Advertisement