Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to return to?

Options
  • 03-05-2016 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi I purchased a refurbished nexus from Argos last June and it's today unfortunately failed to boot and appears to be bricked. I'm just wondering can I return it to Argos for repair/replacement or do I have to go direct to the manufacturer?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Argos. Contacting the manufacturer would usually get you some troubleshooting steps and if they deem it dead then returning to seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Argos. Contacting the manufacturer would usually get you some troubleshooting steps and if they deem it dead then returning to seller.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your contract of sale is with Argos, so that's where you go. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Whilst contract of sale is with the retailer, in some cases (esp electronics) the retailer asks you to contact the manufacturer direct as its a far speedier way of getting things fixed.

It does not mean the retailer is fobbing you off, your rights remain intact, but it does mean that there are less steps for the product to move in the process and the manufcturer will know fairly quickly if its a easily fixable issue or soemthing that requires replacement - something a staff member in argos simply will not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I went in today and Argos took the tablet and sent it off I presume to the manufacturer. Should get it back in a couple of weeks they said. Was half hoping they might just replace it but no such luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement