Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscar Wilde statue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

inisboffin wrote: »
    I've Googled away. You're the one who alternates between calling something possibly not true, known and a rumour. Googling the Immaculate Conception (you get different responses if you capitalise it btw) yielded some of what I put, so if Google is saying nonsense, don't blame me. And some of this came from 'erudite minds' so it must be true. I'm not trying to purposely twist your words, but at this stage it's grand, I think your responses make it clear exactly what you are saying.

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree so. :)
    I think we had some crossed wires. I felt went to pains to label the fact that I was speaking about the rumours surrounding him, not claiming them to be absolute fact. The only thing I said was "known" was that these rumours surrounded him. If you felt I was doing otherwise it was because I didn't think there was a need to be constantly using words like alleged or at times I was speaking more generally about abuse.

Advertisement