Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When a bill is due for direct debit

Options
  • 04-05-2016 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I paid my electricity bill by direct debit on 17th April.  I paid my gas previous to that on 29th March.

On 1st May I submitted an electricity and gas reading.

I was expecting to get a new GAS bill for May (which I am expecting to be lower as I haven't used gas much in last 2 months)

Instead I was issued with another expensive electricity bill today.

I rang electric Ireland customer service which was awful. 

The lady had terrrible/broken English and sounded like a robot.

She said I submitted my gas and electricity readings and when this happens the bill is then due straight away and I am going to get another bill this month for May

I am not happy. I always get gas one month and electricity the next and now I am being penalised for submitting a reading????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Cropper1010,

Thanks for your message.

Electricity and gas readings are supplied to all suppliers by ESB Networks, and Gas Networks Ireland, respectively. These readings are provided on a bi-monthly basis, and a bill is then generated and issued up to that reading.

When a reading is submitted by another means, for example over the phone or online by a customer, then a new interim bill is generated and issued automatically. This is done in order to keep the readings on-file as up-to-date as possible, and ensure customers are being billed correctly.

If you submitted a reading for your electricity supply a new bill would be generated up to that reading. This bill is in addition to the regular bi-monthly bill issued.

Electric Ireland would advise that customers supply readings when they receive an estimated bill only. Bills are estimated twice a year by ESB Networks or Gas Networks Ireland, but more may occur if there is an accessibility issue, such as a car parked in front of the meter.

Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cropper1010

Hi Cropper1010,

Thanks for your message.

Electricity and gas readings are supplied to all suppliers by ESB Networks, and Gas Networks Ireland, respectively. These readings are provided on a bi-monthly basis, and a bill is then generated and issued up to that reading.

When a reading is submitted by another means, for example over the phone or online by a customer, then a new interim bill is generated and issued automatically. This is done in order to keep the readings on-file as up-to-date as possible, and ensure customers are being billed correctly.

If you submitted a reading for your electricity supply a new bill would be generated up to that reading. This bill is in addition to the regular bi-monthly bill issued.

Electric Ireland would advise that customers supply readings when they receive an estimated bill only. Bills are estimated twice a year by ESB Networks or Gas Networks Ireland, but more may occur if there is an accessibility issue, such as a car parked in front of the meter.

Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________
    Ok so what you are saying is because I submitted my meter readings for gas and electricity I now have two bills to pay this month. Electricity bill which was just created and gas which is due at the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Cropper1010,

Yes, submitting a meter-reading in between scheduled bills (there are six scheduled bills per year, and ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland aim to read a meter for four out of the six) generates an additional bill.

Electricity and gas bills are issued separately due to the meter-readings or estimates being processed by ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland respectively.

If you require deferral of the due date to a later one, we can do that for you here on Boards.ie - just send us a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating you are the account-holder, your name, address and date of birth. If you pay by direct debit, ensure to contact us on immediate receipt of the bill in order for us to be able to give the bank sufficient notice.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Hi again Cropper1010,

Yes, submitting a meter-reading in between scheduled bills (there are six scheduled bills per year, and ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland aim to read a meter for four out of the six) generates an additional bill.

Electricity and gas bills are issued separately due to the meter-readings or estimates being processed by ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland respectively.

If you require deferral of the due date to a later one, we can do that for you here on Boards.ie - just send us a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating you are the account-holder, your name, address and date of birth. If you pay by direct debit, ensure to contact us on immediate receipt of the bill in order for us to be able to give the bank sufficient notice.

Kind regards,
    Una

________
    Ok thanks Una. I sent you a pm to get my electricity bill deferred then I just have gas to pay this month, thank you.

Thanks to Electric Ireland for the excellent follow up from Una and sorting this out for me. I appreciate it. Thanks very much.
    This is the place to go if you want something done right.

Hi again Cropper1010,

Kind regards,
    Una

________
    Ok thanks Una. I sent you a pm to get my electricity bill deferred then I just have gas to pay this month, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Cropper1010,

Thank you so much for such a kind message - glad to read it!

Regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement