Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calendars - family sharing and subscriptions

• 04-05-2016 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭

Myself and my wife have family sharing set up so when one of us enters something in the calendar we both see it.

I've a couple of subscriptions, mostly football matches, she has no interest in these and the straw that broke the camel's back was the Euro 2016 calendar I subscribed to this morning.

I can't find any setting to allow me to only see these subscriptions and not her. Is this an option any way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Use another calendar? If you use Google mail, you can use Google calendar. Same with Outlook, iCloud and Yahoo at least. Just subscribe to whatever you like on an email account that is not family shared. You can view all calendars as one on your own iDevice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No need to create a different account. You can have more than one calendar in your iCloud account. Just create a new personal calendar that isn't shared with your wife in the Calendar app. By default there should already be a calendar called "Home" there.

I have multiple calendars for different things: film release dates, work stuff, appointments, etc. Only one of them is shared with a family member and there's nothing in it.

See Apple's guide for using iCloud calendars:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202337

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

OP - firstly I would suggest you tell her to calm down. She will realise how unreasonable she has been & will welcome your suggestion of "calming down".

Then follow what the other posters have suggested about setting up another calender.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Which calendar for the football was it
    Looking for one for the missus currently

Advertisement