Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourness?

Options
  • 04-05-2016 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've tried 3 seperate brews now, and all three have had a slightly sour taste to them, which is not desired.

First was one of these brew in a bag things, the next two were extract brews.

I had thought that i was being religious in my cleaning, so i don't think it's that.

I know this is scant info, but it's so long ago now (well over 6 months) that i'm forgetting the details.

Any general tips for avoiding sourness in your brews?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've tried 3 seperate brews now, and all three have had a slightly sour taste to them, which is not desired.

First was one of these brew in a bag things, the next two were extract brews.

I had thought that i was being religious in my cleaning, so i don't think it's that.

I know this is scant info, but it's so long ago now (well over 6 months) that i'm forgetting the details.

Any general tips for avoiding sourness in your brews?

I guess it depends on what you mean by sourness. Are you talking more of a bitterness? Were the three brews the same type of beer?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

For sensory issues like this, you really need the beer to be tasted. Your "sourness" could be something entirely different to other people. Bring it along to a meeting of your local homebrew club.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

What did you use to sanitise the equipment and bottles?

Advertisement