Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid Vs Man City

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

As one sided for a 1 nil as you'll ever see. Awful effort from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I find it difficult to enjoy Real when they are constantly diving, feigning injury, wasting time and generally just being everything that is wrong with the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Really poor from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was a gutless performance from Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wow city were absolutely gutless.

They most be the worse team to enter the semi finals of the CL for some time.

Truly awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

YES HALA MADRID :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pathetic effort from City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

And i thought chelsea were bad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Night all. That was depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That was awful, pure crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Aguero like a man possessed again tonight.

Possessed by Victor Moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Why did City not have a real go at it?
    Madrid were there for the taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Don't worry City fans, come August you're team will be playing tiki taka, Yaya leading you to glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

1-0 down and final mins, City players were playing square passes and strolling around the pitch. 0 urgency to get the equaliser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Blue moon
    The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Description: An unhandled exceptionally **** performance occurred during the execution of the current Champions League campaign request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

After watching that game you really wouldn't think a place in the final of the world's best club competition was at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Here comes the venom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If I was a City fan I'd be absolutely ashamed of that performance in a meaningless Premier League game, let alone the second leg of a Champions League final. Madrid coasted through that, I never saw a goal in it for City, but that's not down to Real's defending, it's down to the fact that Man City is a side full of individuals, no team spirit there at all.

• Advertisement

Its like the 05/07 finals, Atletico to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Really missed Silva tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Out with a whimper. Bitterly disappointing. But it sums up our season perfectly. And what did our wonderful manager say pre-game; "we'll attack Real". Hmm. I feel sorry for the fans who shelled out serious money to travel over to Madrid. If you go out having given iot your best shot, fair enough. But not that display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well deserved.

Hopefully the players pack it in for season now and slip out of top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What an absolutely anonymous performance from city. The money out on that pitch and it was pitiful to watch. Real were poor enough too, atletico will win the final handy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Sooner Toure leaves the better he really is poison. Couldn't even get himself up for a CL semi at 1-0 down.

Fernando, Navas and Fernandinho are really limited footballers but at least they tried. Sterling was bright when he came on.

Back 4 were alright didn't do much wrong, KdB had an off night and aguero was working off scraps. Comfy for Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

This is so very tough to watch, city are awful but madrid are bad as well, they beat city and wolfsburg to get to the final, two teams that would struggle in the europa league.

Madrid look very solid defensively. The pressing in their own half has been terrific. They have sacrificed some of their attacking flair but it's made them defensively stronger and they'll need that against Atletico.

They covered more ground than city did tonight, crowded them out and then relied on their match winners to see them home. They did the dirty stuff better.

People champion atletico for doing similar. I think the final will be a defensive affair but expect Madrid to edge it due to having more firepower.

Mushy wrote: »

Atletico weren't in those finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

City were timid and lacked courage. They can't honestly say that they gave it everything. Anytime when they go on the ball it was sideways and slow paced. It was like they were more afraid of making an offensive mistake than try and win the game. They had no heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It wasn't just a bad performance you get the feeling City players don't really care they went out, you see Sterling sitting on the bench earning 200k a week. it really is a sad football club at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

That was desperate stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Game needed City to have a Big Battering Ram of a centre forward to disrupt Madrid defenders.

Madrid keeper had very little to deal with.

Contintinental teams don't like that.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Poor game. Neither team were impressive

Atletico weren't in those finals.

I meant the Liverpool/Milan similarities

It wasn't just a bad performance you get the feeling City players don't really care they went out, you see Sterling sitting on the bench earning 200k a week. it really is a sad football club at times.

True and you see the likes of Rooney earning £300+ a week doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Mushy wrote: »

Obviously a United fan.

05 and 07 were devalued because they involved Liverpool yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Rubbish game. City just strolled around for the 90 odd minutes. I think everybody was waiting for them to throw the kitchen sink at them right up until the last few minutes when it obviously wasn't going to happen.
    I seen a tweet that summed it up well. It went something like "someone needs to tell the City players that losing 1-0 on aggregate isn't enough to take them through"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

0 shots on target for City. That's awful.

price690 wrote: »
    Obviously a United fan.

Defensive much? He's a Liverpool fan :pac:

Defensive much? He's a Liverpool fan :pac:

Did the alarm go off??!

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Did the alarm go off??!

What are you on about? I don't expect an answer, you have a habit of posting sh*te and pissing off when confronted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wouldn't say Guardiola is too happy tonight.

Think he will be found out with the City job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Worst CL semi I have seen seen Man Utd vs Schalke. But at least that had some goals & not Man Utd's fault Schalke were so poor. Real really should have hammered City who were awful.

City getting slated by the RTE lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Madrid players just all threw on t-shirts saying "Now for the eleventh" and paraded around the pitch. WTF?

price690 wrote: »
    Obviously a United fan.

Leeds United, which has nothing to do with it.

Nothing devalued, nice conclusion you jumped to. Same teams in finals, one win for each team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

True and you see the likes of Rooney earning £300+ a week doing the same.

For years Rooney gave his all week in week out dragging the team up at times, if any City player could show half the fight Wayne Rooney has shown they would be doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't care how much money Pep will have, that is a huge job he has at City.

That was shameful.

Madrid walked through that in first gear. I don't know how many gears they had in their locker tonight, but they only needed the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

blueser wrote: »
    Out with a whimper. Bitterly disappointing. But it sums up our season perfectly. And what did our wonderful manager say pre-game; "we'll attack Real". Hmm. I feel sorry for the fans who shelled out serious money to travel over to Madrid. If you go out having given iot your best shot, fair enough. But not that display.

I mean, there's no shame for your lot to be knocked out of the Champions League semi final to Real Madrid, but to go out like that?? With ten minutes to go even, lose two or three nil if it needs be to really go for it, but at least go for it. You're one goal away from the Champions League final and they just strolled about like it was a dead rubber end of season game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Here comes the venom
    There is a fair bit of it flying in our direction tonight. Ah well; c'est la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    City getting slated by the RTE lads

No different to any other city match on RTE

Advertisement