Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid Vs Man City

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    City getting slated by the RTE lads

Didn't see the start of the programme, did the RTE lads say the city players were pure dung before the game?

Liam Brady could just as easily be talking about Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hart going full lemon in the post match interview.

"Beaten by a lucky goal".

Stfu Joe, you were beaten because the 10 lads in front of you didn't give a shît, don't defend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

City getting slated by the RTE lads

Dunphy is spot on.

Man City should be winning the league every year.

Look how much they spend on wages and transfer fees.

The likes of Nasri getting well over £100,000 and what has he done this season.

The players only seem to play when they want to, they are very hit and miss in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Paddy Power has nailed it.

"All the lads still round Vardy's house watching this, pizza boxes and empty cans everywhere: 'Nowt much to worry about there boys.' "

tanko wrote: »
    Didn't see the start of the programme, did the RTE lads say the city players were pure dung before the game?

Liam Brady could just as easily be talking about Arsenal.

Didn't see analysis before the game. Getting slated now. They were poor tonight tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Madrid players just all threw on t-shirts saying "Now for the eleventh" and paraded around the pitch. WTF?

ugh, the least likeable team in the game at the moment...

mikeym wrote: »
    Dunphy is spot on.

Man City should be winning the league every year.

Look how much they spend on wages and transfer fees.

The likes of Nasri getting well over £100,000 and what has he done this season.

Are they even the biggest spenders the last few years? They should definitely be going better than a 4th placed that's for sure

monkey9 wrote: »
    Paddy Power has nailed it.

"All the lads still round Vardy's house watching this, pizza boxes and empty cans everywhere: 'Nowt much to worry about there boys.' "

Leicester will give any team a decent game in the CL next season, they might get a few hammerings but they won't shy away like City did tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

It's going to be a horrible final. Atletico will go a goal up and R Madrid won't have the quality to break them down is my prediction. Diving, cheating and gamesmanship will dominate.

It wasn't just a bad performance you get the feeling City players don't really care they went out, you see Sterling sitting on the bench earning 200k a week. it really is a sad football club at times.

I actually agree with this. They were so anonymous that they didn't do anything at all that you could actually label as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Are they even the biggest spenders the last few years? They should definitely be going better than a 4th placed that's for sure

They paid plenty for Sterling :D

I hope Atlectico Madrid win the Champions League.

What are you on about? I don't expect an answer, you have a habit of posting sh*te and pissing off when confronted...

Confronted? Are you outside my house!

Lighten up Fred, nobody causing any troubles here. Enjoy the debate pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

TheCitizen wrote: »
    It's going to be a horrible final. Atletico will go a goal up and R Madrid won't have the quality to break them down is my prediction. Diving, cheating and gamesmanship will dominate.

If it pans out that way I have to admit I'm really looking forward to it!

mikeym wrote: »
    They paid plenty for Sterling :D

I hope Atlectico Madrid win the Champions League.

Be nice to see Atletico win it alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

No; I stand to be corrected, but I think utd spent more than us in last summer's window. We should still be doing better than we have this season though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Atletico licking their lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Brady cutting close to the bone here labelling the club as being full of mercenaries.

They don't have an ethos either for once the panel are spot on.

All the great sides have a couple of players who make up for their lack of technical ability with a bit of passion and tenacity.

Of the other English sides who won it in last 10-15 years United had Rooney and Ferdinand, Liverpool had Gerrard and Carragher, Chelsea had terry and lampard.

The expensive continental signings were supplemented by an English spine who really did genuinely give a sh*te. City are lacking on that front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Confronted? Are you outside my house!

Lighten up Fred, nobody causing any troubles here. Enjoy the debate pal

Well you're chiming in with irrelevant nonsense to one of my posts. I just asked you to explain what you meant.
    As before, I won't expect an answer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

City were terrible tonight. A beaten team from the start.

Real will get spanked in the final by Simeone's men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'd say it was a strange performance. They got what they deserved (nothing) but none of the fire and intensity of the PSG tie was on show. De Bruyne in particular looked out of it. Something may have gone down the past week or so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

That's no og should be bales goal

price690 wrote: »
    Brady cutting close to the bone here labelling the club as being full of mercenaries.

They don't have an ethos either for once the panel are spot on.

All the great sides have a couple of players who make up for their lack of technical ability with a bit of passion and tenacity.

Of the other English sides who won it in last 10-15 years United had Rooney and Ferdinand, Liverpool had Gerrard and Carragher, Chelsea had terry and lampard.

The expensive continental signings were supplemented by an English spine who really did genuinely give a sh*te. City are lacking on that front.

And City have Kompany and Hart. The problem there is that one of them went off injured early on and the other is a goalkeeper who can only do his own, extremely specific job while having no effect on his his team's attacks.

City were a far, far better team when De Jong, Kolo and Milner were there. Those lads always showed some fight, even if the talent wasn't there in abundance.

'Pep is in his 30s and bonkers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

'Pep is in his 30s and bonkers'

Better still,

"Bale isn't the next Ronaldo, he's the first Bale":pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

monkey9 wrote: »
    I mean, there's no shame for your lot to be knocked out of the Champions League semi final to Real Madrid, but to go out like that?? With ten minutes to go even, lose two or three nil if it needs be to really go for it, but at least go for it. You're one goal away from the Champions League final and they just strolled about like it was a dead rubber end of season game.

I think it's something that's endemic with English clubs. Whether it's caused by the English media or something else, I don't know. It appears there's a fear of individual and collective humiliation, which causes paralysis.

Well you're chiming in with irrelevant nonsense to one of my posts. I just asked you to explain what you meant.
    As before, I won't expect an answer...

Lol, are you waiting for answers and frantically editing your posts.

My post was in jest about you just jumping on straight away to tell someone off. You must know you do it often. No harm meant. Take it to PM if you want,save everyone else from reading.

Enjoy these highlights from last night

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd say it was a strange performance. They got what they deserved (nothing) but none of the fire and intensity of the PSG tie was on show. De Bruyne in particular looked out of it. Something may have gone down the past week or so...

De Bruyne was terrible for sure.

Who knows what was up with city. They are definitely better than that performance

Lol, are you waiting for answers and frantically editing your posts.

My post was in jest about you just jumping on straight away to tell someone off. You must know you do it often. No harm meant. Take it to PM if you want,save everyone else from reading.

Enjoy these highlights from last night

You're just talking nonsense again kid. I posted seconds before that post you quoted, so your little alarm thing doesn't work. It makes you look petty and antagonistic for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Ardent wrote: »
    I think it's something that's endemic with English clubs. Whether it's caused by the English media or something else, I don't know. It appears there's a fear of individual and collective humiliation, which causes paralysis.

Not sure. What about United's one night in Barcelona, Liverpool in Istanbul, recently v Dortmund.
    Didn't Fulham (or was it Middlesborough?) come back from 4 goals down in the UEFA cup ?

• Advertisement

That's no og should be bales goal

:confused: the ball wasnt going near the goal untill the defelction

:confused: the ball wasnt going near the goal untill the defelction

Looked on target to me.

You're just talking nonsense again kid. I posted seconds before that post you quoted, so your little alarm thing doesn't work. It makes you look petty and antagonistic for no reason.

I read that as pretty!

Fair enough kid, forget about it. We'll agree to disagree

I read that as pretty!

Fair enough kid, forget about it. We'll agree to disagree

I'd be happy if we never interacted again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Very happy to see City out. I can't stand what they represent. All money, no heart. RTE panel spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Such a difference in play and skill between the two Semi's. Any other draw and the final would have been Bayern vs. Athletico. Feel they were the two best teams in the Semi's, and just produced the much better games.

Final will probably a dreary affair with players rolling around the pitch, wasting time, fainting injuries and hammering the ref to get cards produced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Could City have shown less interest .They barely lifted a leg tonight ,can't believe how easily they went out.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Could City have shown less interest .They barely lifted a leg tonight ,can't believe how easily they went out.

Yep, out with a whimper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/BeWarmers/status/727966896771960832

Like a young Park Ji Sung. Look at the drive, the commitment, the heart, that never say die spirit.

https://twitter.com/BeWarmers/status/727966896771960832

Like a young Park Ji Sung. Look at the drive, the commitment, the heart, that never say die spirit.

What an absolute tourist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Apparently they forgot to give Toure his birthday cake before the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

by the looks of him he's getting too much cake.

Looked on target to me.

Barely sneaked into the goal after a deflection OG for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Thankless losers. without him you wouldn't have won your first title in longer than Leeds won their last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That was amongst the most spineless performances in a European semi finals that I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

DubDani wrote: »
    Such a difference in play and skill between the two Semi's. Any other draw and the final would have been Bayern vs. Athletico. Feel they were the two best teams in the Semi's, and just produced the much better games.

Final will probably a dreary affair with players rolling around the pitch, wasting time, fainting injuries and hammering the ref to get cards produced.

To be fair, guys at Bayern like Lewandowski and Vidal can dabble in the dark arts with the best of them.

I feel sorry for Aguero at times, even when City play ok he ends up being quite isloated and makes quite a few goals almost by himself. There's no connection between central midfield and him, Toure is a big problem there. If he 'jogs' back to defend he doesn't get up quick enough to support him, especially if it's not going through the wings. City were very, very poor tonight, Real weren't much better but to be honest it seemed they sense City were quite poor. There was a part of the game where they were just passing the ball around the midfield and you would never have guessed, if you didn't already know, it was a Champion's League semi final. But hey if Atletico can get away with finding a 'way' to win football matches, surely Real's zero goals conceded at home in the CL is also a pretty good way to get to a final, and it also has to be said Real were missing Benzema and Casemiro who both would have made their team much more balanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Absolutely dire game looked like City were content with just losing 1 nil against an accomplished opponent when the reality was Real were Real ordinary any sort of urgency could have seen City sneak out chances.

2 shots on target over 2 games absolutely pathetic. Feel sorry for others like me who wasted time with that,although spoilt the last few football matches I watched in the past number of days, also feel sorry for those who backed Gareth Bale to score first only for it to be void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Toure was a disgrace tonight, fit or not. Stumbling around the pitch like he didn't care and I fear that's the mentality of the majority of the Man City players, not all that different from what happens in the PSG setup. No heart no soul and no connection.

I hope Athletico win the final and I think they will. Madrid looked much stronger under Ancelotti whereas Zidane plays much more defensive

I hope Athletico win the final and I think they will. Madrid looked much stronger under Ancelotti whereas Zidane plays much more defensive

I'm not sure about that, for me they are a more balanced team under Zidane. Taking out James, replacing him with the likes of Vasquez and playing Casemiro has made them more efficient when they don't have the ball. I don't blame Ancelotti because he got stuck with having to play the big signing like James when he wasn't a good fit for the team.

also feel sorry for those who backed Gareth Bale to score first only for it to be void.

Depends who you bet with. Paddy Power paid out on both Bale and OG scoring the first goals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement