Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google listings

Options
  • 04-05-2016 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get their website on the first page of google themselves? I'm wondering is it a job I could do myself or are you better off hiring a professional company?
    Its for a local business that I am trying to help. Ive been doing a good bit of reading up on it all, but im just wondering is it actually possible.

Any advice and tips would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Getting to the first page of the rankings is a matter of having a site (at least one page on the site) that the search engines "like" better than your competition's sites.
    Yes you would be able to do it yourself, how easily/quickly depends totally on the websites that rank already for your chosen keywords/phrases.

Make a list of the keywords/phrases that pertain to your product/niche.
    Use them as search terms, check out the sites that rank already and do what ever they are doing but better.
    There is software you can buy to do some of this for you but you still have to interpret the results

The real question is really whether you can earn more doing your income earning activities than the cost of the "professional".
    If you want to do it yourself then get a professional to do the research and produce an online strategy for you first.
    This will tell you what needs to be done, and you can then decide which bits to do yourself and which to hire someone for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭mel123

Thank you very much for the advice, its very helpful.
    The software you mention, can you recommend one that i can check out?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mel123 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has managed to get their website on the first page of google themselves? I'm wondering is it a job I could do myself or are you better off hiring a professional company?
    Its for a local business that I am trying to help. Ive been doing a good bit of reading up on it all, but im just wondering is it actually possible.

Yes.

I have multiple sites, some pages of which get on the front page for certain keywords.

I didn't really try too hard - just provided good content that wasn't available elsewhere.

It can be harder with local businesses, particularly in niches where there are strong directory sites. But still not impossible. I've done it.

One thing to do is to have content which the directory sites don't have (eg pictures / videos of the business inside and out and its people and products). Another is to have related long articles about aspects of the business / products which provide information not easily available elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

most important use all the social media its efficient for google rank
    also if you have friends they owe sites they can recommend you on their sites
    if you can get someone to write you article in the press believe me you will rank very fast maybe the first on google :))
    other ways they are difficult a little which is link building if you don't have any experience don't do it as google may will penalize you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

also you can add your website in your signature here it will help ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement