Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potential Bargains/Free Transfers this summer

• 04-05-2016 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

With Leicester having won the league on a minimalistic transfer budget, it will be interesting to see if many of these players can make an impact with a new club next season.

Standout ones for me are:

-Carrick (I know he's old now)
    -Rosicky (again getting on but feel like he never got a true run at Arsenal)
    -Sessegnon (hot & cold but a very decent squad player when he is hot)

Honorable mentions to our own, Damien Delaney, Darron Gibson and Joey O'Brien, hopefully they all remain with clubs in the top flight.

Interested to hear what people think, I've attached the list I used below.

http://sportshangout.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/full-list-of-premier-league-free-signings-your-club-could-make-this-summer/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Terry doesnt get another contract extension I'd say he'll go for the riches in China for a year or two or head over to America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

With Leicester having won the league on a minimalistic transfer budget, it will be interesting to see if many of these players can make an impact with a new club next season.

Standout ones for me are:

-Carrick (I know he's old now)
    -Rosicky (again getting on but feel like he never got a true run at Arsenal)
    -Sessegnon (hot & cold but a very decent squad player when he is hot)

Honorable mentions to our own, Damien Delaney, Darron Gibson and Joey O'Brien, hopefully they all remain with clubs in the top flight.

Interested to hear what people think, I've attached the list I used below.

http://sportshangout.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/full-list-of-premier-league-free-signings-your-club-could-make-this-summer/

Rosicky is a great player and I would have loved to have seen more of him playing for Arsenal. The main reason he didn't get a true run was that most of the time he couldn't (run)!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Terry doesnt get another contract extension I'd say he'll go for the riches in China for a year or two or head over to America.

Yeah, couldn't see him lining out for any other Premier League Club anyway. He'd do well there in America, plenty of extra curricular activities to enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

GavRedKing wrote: »

Doubt he'll go to China. I think he still has to play at a high level. I wouldn't be shocked to see him roll up at Bayern Munich with Ancelotti.

greendom wrote: »
    Rosicky is a great player and I would have loved to have seen more of him playing for Arsenal. The main reason he didn't get a true run was that most of the time he couldn't (run)!

He could be one of those guys who has a mini renaissance at the end of their careers with a change of scenery.

Darren Fletcher is doing well at West Brom and Rosicky has much more about him technically than Fletcher, be a good signing even for Leicester with a bit of Champions League experience under his belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Doubt he'll go to China. I think he still has to play at a high level. I wouldn't be shocked to see him roll up at Bayern Munich with Ancelotti.

Dobut that theyll get hummels this summer.

I think terry and carrick will go to america this summer. i think there both finished at the highest level.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He could be one of those guys who has a mini renaissance at the end of their careers with a change of scenery.
    He's 35 and hasn't played in a year. Reckon he needs a change of legs more than a change of scenery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Joel matip to lfc is a fantastic deal.

Ben arfa also out of contract. Could see a few english clubs in for him

ricero wrote: »
    Joel matip to lfc is a fantastic deal.

Ben arfa also out of contract. Could see a few english clubs in for him

ben arfa is an interesting one, rumours of the likes of Inter and Juventus having a look. Given his time at Newcastle I wonder if clubs there wil be put off by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

ben arfa is an interesting one, rumours of the likes of Inter and Juventus having a look. Given his time at Newcastle I wonder if clubs there wil be put off by that.

Himself and Pardew fell out near the end, and Pardew wouldn't play him or let him train with the first team squad.
    Benny had a great season in the 5th place finish mind, but Pardew's requirements for all wingers to work back as much as they wander forward was the end of Ben Arfa's time at NUFC.

Ben Arfa isn't designed to defend. Give him the ball at this feet inside the oppositions half and let him free - incredibly talented footballer who at his best - is as good as any dribbler in the world. Ball sticks to his feet.

We loved him on Tyneside and were sad to see him pushed out in that fashion. One of the most talented I've watched but Pardew got his way and had him forced out of the club. Obviously we don't see what happened behind the scenes which could have further led to his cold treatment, but I think I speak for all NUFC fans when I say we're delighted to see him doing well and back in the big picture again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Apparently Milan are after Tonny Vilhena from Feyenoord on a free.
    Is he any good?
    Last time I watched them Kuyt & Kalou were up top for them & Milan have such a low standard in transfers lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Rosicky has been injured most of the last few years, cant see any club taking him unless its on a pay as you play basis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Looking at this list and "Sylvain Marveaux (Winger)" pops up, how we really dodged a bullet there in fairness.

Advertisement